Modeling of Infectious Disease Agent Study Centers of Excellence (U54)
The summary for the Modeling of Infectious Disease Agent Study Centers of Excellence (U54) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Modeling of Infectious Disease Agent Study Centers of Excellence (U54): This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) solicits applications for Centers of Excellence in Modeling of Infectious Diseases. This FOA is a reissuance of a prior FOA (RFA-GM-09-003). The Centers will comprise a component of the Modeling of Infectious Disease Agents Study (MIDAS) network, consisting of Centers of Excellence, a centralized Information Technology Resource (announced separately), and research projects (announced separately). The overall objective of MIDAS is the coordination of a cadre of multidisciplinary scientists conducting computational and mathematical research to provide the U.S. scientific and public health communities better resources, knowledge, and tools to prepare for, identify and prevent the spread of infectious diseases caused by naturally occurring or intentionally released pathogens, including those relevant to biodefense. The Centers will address four major thematic areas infectious disease research; computational, statistical, and mathematical research; education and outreach; and public health policy.
|Federal Grant Title:||Modeling of Infectious Disease Agent Study Centers of Excellence (U54)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-GM-14-009|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Biomedical Research and Research Training|
|Current Application Deadline:||Nov 26, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 26, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Apr 12, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Apr 12, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Dec 27, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are not allowed.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Innovative Programs to Enhance Research Training (IPERT) (R25 - Independent Clinical Trial...
- • Maximizing Investigators' Research Award (R35 - Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Institutional Research and Academic Career Development Awards (IRACDA) (K12 - Independent ...
- • Maximizing Opportunities for Scientific and Academic Independent Careers (MOSAIC) Postdoct...
- • Maximizing Opportunities for Scientific and Academic Independent Careers (MOSAIC) Institut...
- • Tools for Genetic and Genomic Studies in Emerging Model Organisms
- • Evolution of Infectious Diseases
- • Mbrs Support of Continuous Research Excellence (Score)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...