NCMHD Disparities Research and Education Advancing Mission (DREAM) Career Transition Award (K22)
The summary for the NCMHD Disparities Research and Education Advancing Mission (DREAM) Career Transition Award (K22) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NCMHD Disparities Research and Education Advancing Mission (DREAM) Career Transition Award (K22): Purpose: The intent of the NCMHD DREAM Career Transition Award (K22) is to support former or current NCMHD loan repayment program (LRP) recipients, who are highly qualified postdoctoral fellows but have no more than 10 years of postdoctoral research training at the time of application submission, with mentored research experience. To achieve these objectives these awards will support two phases of research; an intramural phase and an extramural phase, for up to 5 years of combined support.Transition from the intramural phase of support to the extramural phase is not automatic.Approval for transition will be based on the success of the respective awardees research program as determined by an NCMHD progress review, which will take place by midway through the second year of the intramural support phase and an evaluation of a research plan to be carried out at the extramural institution. Mechanism of Support: This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) will utilize the NIH Career Transition Award (K22) mechanism. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards: The total amount to be awarded by the NCMHD and the number of awards will depend upon the quality and merit of applications received and the availability of funds. Total amount of funding that NCMHD is expected to award through this announcement is up to $5,000,000 of direct costs ($1,000,000 per year x 5 years); the anticipated number of awards is up to 5 awards for this initial offering. Budget and Project Period: The budget for the intramural mentored phase will be negotiated with the intramural laboratory.Up to $125,000 (including fringe benefits) direct costs for salary and up to $75,000 for research costs can be requested per annum for the extramural independent phase, years 3-5.Research support may cover tuition and fees related to career development of the PI, supplies, equipment and technical personnel, travel to research meetings or training, and statistical services including personnel (e.g., % of a research and/or program assistant, and computer time). Eligible Institutions/Organizations: Institutions/organizations listed in Section III are eligible to apply. Eligible Project Director/Principal Investigator (PD/PI): Only current and former NCMHD LRP recipients with the skills and knowledge necessary to enter into the mentored training experience are invited to work with their respective institutions/organizations to develop applications for support. Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups as well as individuals with disabilities are always encouraged to apply for NIH support. Number of PDs/PIs: Only one PD/PI may be designated on the application. Number of Applications: Candidates may only have one individual Career Development Award application pending peer review at any time. Resubmissions: Not allowed Renewals: K22 awards are not renewable and are not transferable from one PD/PI to another. Special Date(s): This FOA uses non-standard due dates. See Receipt, Review and Anticipated Start Dates
|Federal Grant Title:||NCMHD Disparities Research and Education Advancing Mission (DREAM) Career Transition Award (K22)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-MD-09-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Extramural Loan Repayment for Individuals from Disadvantaged Backgrounds Conducting Clinical Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Feb 11, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 11, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Dec 12, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Dec 12, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Mar 14, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; Foreign institutions are not eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...