NHLBI Cardiovascular Outcomes Research Coordinating Unit (U01)
The summary for the NHLBI Cardiovascular Outcomes Research Coordinating Unit (U01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NHLBI Cardiovascular Outcomes Research Coordinating Unit (U01): Purpose. The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) solicits four-year cooperative agreement (U01) grant applications from institutions/organizations to serve as the Research Coordinating Unit (RCU) for the Centers for Cardiovascular Outcomes Research (CCOR). This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) runs parallel with a separate FOA that solicits the applications for the three Centers (See RFA-HL-10-008). The Centers will conduct cardiovascular outcomes and comparative effectiveness research that focuses on patient and clinician-relevant outcomes of healthcare and the determinants of these outcomes. Each CCOR will conduct 1-2 research projects in which multidisciplinary teams such as clinician researchers, health services researchers, biostatisticians, and/or health economists undertake novel research focusing on measuring, evaluating, and improving outcomes of cardiovascular care delivery across the care continuum. Outcomes relevant for research proposed by the Centers include cardiovascular mortality, clinical events, cost-effectiveness, or quality of life. The Centers can undertake methodological and/or applied research focused on patient outcomes. Among other tasks, the RCU solicited by this FOA (RFA HL-10-018) will facilitate collaboration and coordination of research activities, communication between and among Centers and the NHLBI, and data sharing and collaborative manuscripts. In addition the RCU will plan, arrange, and support meetings of the Steering Committee and its subcommittees, the investigators and trainees, and the OSMB or DSMB. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the Cooperative Agreement grant mechanism (U01). Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. NHLBI intends to commit up to $800,000 in total costs in FY 2010 to fund one Research Coordinating Unit (RCU) application in response to this funding opportunity announcement. Awards issued under this FOA are contingent upon the availability of funds and the submission of a sufficient number of meritorious applications.
|Federal Grant Title:||NHLBI Cardiovascular Outcomes Research Coordinating Unit (U01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-HL-10-018|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Heart and Vascular Diseases Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 21, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 21, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Oct 19, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Oct 19, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Feb 21, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$800,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Bench to Bassinet Program Administrative Coordinating Center (U01 - Clinical Trial Not All...
- • Pediatric Cardiac Genomics Consortium (U01 - Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Cardiovascular Developmental Biology Data Resource Center (U01 - Clinical Trial Not Allowe...
- • Senator Paul D. Wellstone Muscular Dystrophy Specialized Research Centers (MDSRC) (P50)
- • Disparities Elimination through Coordinated Interventions to Prevent and Control Heart and...
- • The Relationship Between Hypertension and Inflammation
- • Community-Responsive Interventions to Reduce Cardiovascular Risk in American Indians and A...
- • Weight Loss in Obese Adults with Cardiovascular Risk Factors: Clinical Interventions (U01)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...