NHLBI Clinical Trial Pilot Studies (R34 Clinical Trial Optional)
The summary for the NHLBI Clinical Trial Pilot Studies (R34 Clinical Trial Optional) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NHLBI Clinical Trial Pilot Studies (R34 Clinical Trial Optional): This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to support studies that are scientifically essential, yet also sufficient, for investigators to make definitive decisions that inform the final designs of important Phase II and beyondclinical trials within NHLBI's mission; that is, clinical trials with the primary intent of testing the efficacy, safety, clinical management, or implementation of intervention(s) in the prevention and treatment of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. This mechanism may be used to test the feasibility of novel and efficient (pragmatic) trial designs, as well as determine the feasibility of an intervention, intervention parameters, subject availability, or other information essential to complete the design of a trial. Applications should demonstrate that the proposed studies are both necessary and sufficient to permit definitive decisions about the final design of the subsequent clinical trial. Applicants who propose solely to write a protocol or manual of operations,to develop infrastructure for a clinical trial, or implement a fully designed trialwill not be considered appropriate for this announcement. Please note that NHLBI supports other funding opportunities for clinical trials-see https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/grants-and-training/funding-opportunities-and-contacts/clinical-trials-optimization for information on other NHLBI clinical trial funding opportunity announcements. In contrast to the planning or study start up phase of other NHLBI clinical trial FOAs, the R34 mechanism is intended to provide new i?n?f?o?r?m?a?t?i?o?n that answers a scientific question(s) which may be pragmatic in nature and, therefore, informs the final development of a Phase II-IV clinical trial.
|Federal Grant Title:||NHLBI Clinical Trial Pilot Studies (R34 Clinical Trial Optional)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-19-155|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Numbers:||93.233, 93.837, 93.838, 93.839, 93.840|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||January 7th, 2021|
|Original Application Deadline:||January 7th, 2021|
|Posted Date:||January 8th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||January 8th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||February 12th, 2021|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$225,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||January 8th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...