NHLBI Innovative Research Grant Program (R21)
The summary for the NHLBI Innovative Research Grant Program (R21) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NHLBI Innovative Research Grant Program (R21): This funding opportunity announcement (FOA) solicits Exploratory/Developmental (R21) grant applications from applicant organizations that propose innovative and potentially high impact studies that make use of existing data sets or existing collections of biological specimens from human subjects. Awards made in this program may be used to support the addition and analyses of elements of existing data sets and existing specimen collections to the extent feasible within the time and dollar limits of the program. Primary emphasis, however, must involve the use of existing data from human studies or existing collections of human biological specimens. Proposed studies are expected to provide preliminary results to demonstrate feasibility of novel approaches to heart, lung, and blood diseases and sleep disorders.
|Federal Grant Title:||NHLBI Innovative Research Grant Program (R21)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-06-239|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||National Center on Sleep Disorders Research 93.837 Heart and Vascular Diseases Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Mar 17, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Mar 17, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Nov 01, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.838 -- Lung Diseases Research|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- City or township governments State governments Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Special district governments Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Independent school districts Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) County governments Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Private institutions of higher education Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government are eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...