NIH Research Project Grant (Parent R01)
The summary for the NIH Research Project Grant (Parent R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NIH Research Project Grant (Parent R01): The NIH Research Project Grant supports a discrete, specified, circumscribed project in areas representing the specific interests and competencies of the investigator(s). The proposed project must be related to the programmatic interests of one or more of the participating NIH Institutes and Centers (ICs) based on their scientific missions.
|Federal Grant Title:||NIH Research Project Grant (Parent R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Environment Food and Nutrition Health Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-16-160|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Numbers:||320512, 320522, 320504, 320523, 320503, 320514, 320520, 320519, 320507, 320497, 320527, 320515, 320517, 320511, 320509, 320518, 320506, 320499, 320510, 320498, 320526, 320502, 320508, 320505, 320513, 320496, 320525, 320516, 320501, 320524, 320500, 32|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Environmental Health; Oral Diseases and Disorders Research; Human Genome Research; Research Related to Deafness and Communication Disorders; Research and Training in Complementary and Integrative Health; National Center on Sleep Disorders Research; Mental Health Research Grants; Alcohol Research Programs; Drug Abuse and Addiction Research Programs; Discovery and Applied Research for Technological Innovations to Improve Human Health; Minority Health and Health Disparities Research; Research Infrastructure Programs; Nursing Research; Cancer Cause and Prevention Research; Cancer Detection and Diagnosis Research; Cancer Treatment Research; Cancer Biology Research; Cancer Control; Cardiovascular Diseases Research; Lung Diseases Research; Blood Diseases and Resources Research; Translation and Implementation Science Research for Heart, Lung, Blood Diseases, and Sleep Disorders; Arthritis, Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases Research; Diabetes, Digestive, and Kidney Diseases Extramural Research; Extramural Research Programs in the Neurosciences and Neurological Disorders; Allergy and Infectious Diseases Research; Microbiology and Infectious Diseases Research; Biomedical Research and Research Training; Child Health and Human Development Extramural Research; Aging Research; Vision Research; Medical Library Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 7, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 7, 2019|
|Posted Date:||Mar 31, 2016|
|Creation Date:||Mar 31, 2016|
|Archive Date:||Jun 7, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
Special district governments
Private institutions of higher education
For profit organizations other than small businesses
City or township governments
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
Independent school districts
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
National Institutes of Health 301-496-3405
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...