NINDS Faculty Development Award to Promote Diversity in Neuroscience Research (K01)
The summary for the NINDS Faculty Development Award to Promote Diversity in Neuroscience Research (K01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NINDS Faculty Development Award to Promote Diversity in Neuroscience Research (K01): The purpose of the NINDS Faculty Development Award to Promote Diversity in Neuroscience Research K01 is to diversify the pool of independent neuroscience research investigators and to enhance the opportunity to obtain independent NIH or other independent research support by providing junior faculty with research cost support, protected research time and career stage appropriate professional development mentorship in neuroscience research. Individuals from backgrounds underrepresented in biomedical research are eligible for support under this award if they have doctoral research degrees (Ph.D. or equivalent) and are in the first 3 years of a faculty tenure track or equivalent position at the time of award.
|Federal Grant Title:||NINDS Faculty Development Award to Promote Diversity in Neuroscience Research (K01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-15-257|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Extramural Research Programs in the Neurosciences and Neurological Disorders|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 7, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 7, 2018|
|Posted Date:||May 14, 2015|
|Creation Date:||May 14, 2015|
|Archive Date:||Oct 8, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Small businesses
Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
For profit organizations other than small businesses
Independent school districts
Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
City or township governments
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Private institutions of higher education
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
Special district governments
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following:
Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply.
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply.
Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are not allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
National Institutes of Health 301-496-3405
- Similar Government Grants
- • Center without Walls for Molecular Mechanisms of Neurodegeneration in Frontotemporal Degen...
- • Mechanisms of Selective Vulnerability in LBD and FTD (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Mechanisms of Pathological Spread of Abnormal Proteins in LBD and FTD (R01 Clinical Trial ...
- • NIH StrokeNet Clinical Trials and Biomarker Studies for Stroke Treatment, Recovery, and Pr...
- • The NINDS Human Biospecimen and Data Repository (U24 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • NINDS Cooperative Small Business Awards In Translational Research (SBIR/U44)
- • NINDS Institutional Center Core Grants to Support Neuroscience Research
- • Career Development Award to Promote Diversity in Neuroscience Research
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...