Namibia Project for Information System Strengthening, Continuous Quality Improvement and Enhanced Surveillance to Sustain Epidemic Control under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
The summary for the Namibia Project for Information System Strengthening, Continuous Quality Improvement and Enhanced Surveillance to Sustain Epidemic Control under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control - CGH, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Namibia Project for Information System Strengthening, Continuous Quality Improvement and Enhanced Surveillance to Sustain Epidemic Control under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR): The Award Ceiling for Year 1 is 0 (none). CDC anticipates an Approximate Total Fiscal Year Funding amount of $2,500,000 for Year 1, subject to the availability of funds. Namibia is approaching HIV epidemic control and is estimated to have achieved 94-96-95 at the end of 2018. This means that 94% of people living with HIV (PLHIV) know their status as HIV positive. Among those who know their positive status, 96% are actively on anti-retroviral treatment (ART), and among those on ART, 95% are virally suppressed. This notice of funding opportunity (NOFO) is designed to strengthen the Namibian HIV program to achieve sustained epidemic control. This mechanism provides high quality technical assistance (TA) to strengthen health information systems (HIS); support surveys, surveillance, and routine program monitoring; and strengthen case-based surveillance (CBS) through strategies including improved interoperability of data systems and the establishment and implementation of unique patient identifiers in Namibia to facilitate data integration in strengthening public health programs for sustained epidemic control. The strategy is grounded in setting the stage for long-term transition to full Namibia domestic leadership and, in the short term, continuing to strengthen the broader health system interventions. The result of this work will be a stronger and more flexible, data-driven response that will allow Namibia to reach epidemic control in a sustainable manner.
|Federal Grant Title:||Namibia Project for Information System Strengthening, Continuous Quality Improvement and Enhanced Surveillance to Sustain Epidemic Control under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control - CGH (HHS-CDC-CGH)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH20-2060|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||March 11th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||March 11th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||January 8th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||January 8th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||April 10th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||September 1st, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Emily Dale
- Similar Government Grants
- • Scaling Capacity in Strategic and Health Information Systems in Mozambique under the Presi...
- • Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in Western and West-...
- • Improving Quality of Care and Health Impact through Innovative Systems and Technologies in...
- • Achieving and Maintaining Epidemic Control through Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care...
- • Enhancing Strategic Information Capacity for HIV/AIDS Programs towards Sustaining Epidemic...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control - CGH
- • Global Health Security Partnerships: Expanding and Improving Public Health Laboratory Stra...
- • Protecting and Improving Public Health Globally: Building and Strengthening Public Health ...
- • Tanzania Global Health Security Partner Engagement: Advancing Efforts and Strategies to Pr...
- • Advancing Ethiopias Capacity for Laboratory, Workforce Development, Surveillance, and Emer...
- • Strengthening Laboratory Systems to Establish Routine Laboratory based surveillance for Pr...