National Education and Resource Center on Women and Retirement Planning
The summary for the National Education and Resource Center on Women and Retirement Planning grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Community Living, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
National Education and Resource Center on Women and Retirement Planning: A cooperative agreement will expand efforts to prevent identity theft, fraud and financial exploitation among older individuals by targeting Baby Boomer women who serve as caregivers. These women are among the most vulnerable due to the stresses associated with caregiving, managing a home and balancing family finances for three generations of family members. Goal of the project is to help reduce one of the aspects of caregiver stress. Objectives include making available financial literacy and retirement planning information aimed at preventing identity theft, financial exploitation and aleviating some of the stresses caregivers experience in relation to managing finances.
|Federal Grant Title:||National Education and Resource Center on Women and Retirement Planning|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Community Living|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2016-ACL-AOA-PN-0153|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Special Programs for the Aging_Title IV_and Title II_Discretionary Projects|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 10, 2016 Electronically submitted application|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 10, 2016 Electronically submitted application|
|Posted Date:||Mar 11, 2016|
|Creation Date:||Mar 11, 2016|
|Archive Date:||Jun 9, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$231,526|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$231,526|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$231,526|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Private institutions of higher education
City or township governments
Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
Independent school districts
Special district governments
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- To be considered for funding, applicants must demonstrate extensive knowledge and present a proven track record of expertise concerning the nature of financial literacy and retirement education, economic security for women, and communication with low-income women, women of color and women with limited English-speaking proficiency nationwide. Foreign entities are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Dianne Freeman
Administration for Community Living 202-795-7360
- More Grants from the Administration for Community Living
- • Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Tribal Organizations in Major Disa...
- • Lifespan Respite Care Program: Special Projects to Strengthen Program Development, Impleme...
- • Aging and Disability Resource Center/No Wrong Door System Funding Opportunity: Critical Re...
- • Centers for Independent Living Competition - Guam
- • Assistive Technology Alternative Financing Program