National HIV Behavioral Surveillance (NHBS)
The summary for the National HIV Behavioral Surveillance (NHBS) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
National HIV Behavioral Surveillance (NHBS): The intent of this announcement is to continue National HIV Behavioral Surveillance (NHBS), an ongoing bio-behavioral surveillance system among high-risk populations (including men who have sex with men, persons who inject drugs and heterosexuals at increased risk for HIV infection) in Metropolitan Statistical Areas with the highest HIV prevalence in the United States. The purpose of NHBS is to monitor the HIV epidemic, to detect changes over time in HIV-risk behaviors and HIV prevalence among populations at high risk for HIV infection and to inform and evaluate HIV prevention activities.
|Federal Grant Title:||National HIV Behavioral Surveillance (NHBS)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-PS16-1601|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)/Acquired Immunodeficiency Virus Syndrome (AIDS) Surveillance|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 3, 2015 Electronically submitted applications|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 3, 2015 Electronically submitted applications|
|Posted Date:||May 12, 2015|
|Creation Date:||May 12, 2015|
|Archive Date:||Sep 2, 2015|
|Total Program Funding:||$76,600,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$6,500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||25|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments
City or township governments
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Please refer to the FOA, Section C.2. "Additional Information on Eligibility."
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Melissa Cribbin Sharma
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 770-488-2756
- Similar Government Grants
- • Medical Monitoring Project (MMP)
- • National HIV Surveillance System (NHSS)
- • Augmenting Laboratory Outcomes in HIV Assessment (ALOHA)
- • ADAPT: Adopting and Demonstrating the Adaption of Prevention Techniques - Supplement
- • Morbidity and Risk Behavior Surveillance
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2