National Spina Bifida Initiatives: Prevention, Resources, and Quality of Life
The summary for the National Spina Bifida Initiatives: Prevention, Resources, and Quality of Life grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
National Spina Bifida Initiatives: Prevention, Resources, and Quality of Life: The purpose of the program is to enhance and market prevention education regarding folic acid to health care professionals nationally so that more women of child bearing age receive counseling about the consumption of folic acid which may result in the reduction of pregnancies affected by neural tube defects; to expand prevention and quality of life programs through local chapters; to provide and evaluate the SBAs information resources and the provision of information to persons with spina bifida and their families and to the professionals who care for them; and to identify ways to utilize a spina bifida clinic network to demonstrate program effectiveness and to improve care in spina bifida clinics nationally.
|Federal Grant Title:||National Spina Bifida Initiatives: Prevention, Resources, and Quality of Life|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-DD07-709|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention_Investigations and Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 05, 2007|
|Posted Date:||May 07, 2007|
|Creation Date:||May 07, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Aug 04, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,250,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligibility is Limited: Spina Bifida Association - The 2006 House Report (109-143) states: The Committee provides $5,300,000 which is $475,000 above fiscal year 2005 for the National Spina Bifida Program in coordination with its external partners, such as the Spina Bifida Association of America. The Committee continues to support the partnerships CDC has developed and encourages CDC to allocate a portion of the increase provided for the maintenance and expansion of the National Spina Bifida Clearinghouse and Resource Center (that is operated by SBA).
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office
Technical Information Management
Phone 770-488-2700 PGOTIM@cdc.gov PGO Technical Information Management
- Similar Government Grants
- • Epidemiology of Lupus: Longitudinal Studies in Population-Based Cohorts
- • Improving Detection and Management of Glaucoma and Other Eye Diseases Among High Risk Popu...
- • TREST
- • Sustaining the Expansion of the Overseas Health Assessment and Management of U.S.-Bound Re...
- • National Partnerships to Promote Cancer Surveillance Standards and Support Data Quality an...
- • Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program in Infectious Diseases
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Improve the Interaction Between Public Health Academicians and ...
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Strengthen Collaboration Between the Disciplines of Academic Me...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2