National Training Center for Family Planning and Teen Pregnancy Prevention
The summary for the National Training Center for Family Planning and Teen Pregnancy Prevention grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
National Training Center for Family Planning and Teen Pregnancy Prevention: The Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health, Office of Population Affairs and Office on Women’s Health, announce the availability of funds for Fiscal Year (FY) 2020 cooperative agreement awards under the authority of section 1003 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. § 300a–1), Division A, Title II of the Further Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2020 (Public Law No. 116-94), section 1703(a) of the PHS Act (42 U.S.C. § 300u-2(a)), and section 229 of the PHS Act (42 U.S.C. § 237a). The primary focus of the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health is leading America to healthier lives, especially for those who are most vulnerable, including those who have suffered historic disparities. In support of this vision, the Office of Population Affairs (OPA) promotes health across the reproductive lifespan through innovative, evidence-based adolescent health and family planning programs, services, strategic partnerships, evaluation, and research. OPA administers the Title X program, the Teen Pregnancy Prevention (TPP) Program, and the Embryo Adoption Awareness program. OPA advises the Secretary of HHS and the Assistant Secretary for Health on a wide range of topics, including adolescent health, family planning, sterilization, and other population issues. The vision of the Office on Women’s Health (OWH) is that all women and girls achieve the best possible health. OWH provides national leadership and coordination to improve the health of women and girls through policy, education, and innovative programs. OWH supports women and girls through policies, programs, and educational initiatives to improve health. One of OWH’s key focus areas is on improving women’s health across the lifespan, including during the preconception time period; reducing maternal mortality; increasing awareness, accessibility, and quality of preconception health; and increasing fertility awareness and preventing infertility. By partnering with OPA through this FOA, OWH will be able to address these key priority areas related to reproductive health with the millions of women served annually at OPA-supported Title X clinics and by OPA-supported TPP programs.
|Federal Grant Title:||National Training Center for Family Planning and Teen Pregnancy Prevention|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health (HHS-OPHS)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||AH-TPS-20-001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 25th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 25th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||July 23rd, 2020|
|Creation Date:||July 23rd, 2020|
|Archive Date:||September 24th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1,500,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||August 20th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Any public or private nonprofit entity, including faith-based, community-based, and Indian Tribes or Tribal organizations are eligible to apply. For-profit entities may apply for the TPP and OWH components of the project as part of a formal partnership with a public or non-profit private entity able to accept and manage the Title X portion of the funding for the project.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- National Training Center for Family Planning and Teen Pregnancy Prevention
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants.gov Contact Center
Phone Number: 1-800-518-4726
Hours of operation are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The contact center is closed on federal holidays.
Grants.gov Customer Support
- Similar Government Grants
- • Tier 2 Innovation and Impact Network Grants: Achieving Optimal Health and Preventing Teen ...
- • FY2020 Teen Pregnancy Prevention (TPP) Tier 2, Phase II Rigorous Evaluation of Promising I...
- • Optimally Change the Map of Teen Pregnancy through Replication of Programs Proven Effectiv...
- • Announcement of Availability of Funds for Replication of Programs Proven Effective through...
- • FY18 Announcement of the Availability of Funds for Phase I New and Innovative Strategies (...
- • FY10 Teenage Pregnancy Prevention: Replication of Evidence-based Programs (Tier 1)
- • Opportunity AH-TP2-10-001
- • Teenage Pregnancy Prevention: Integrating Services, Programs, and Strategies through Commu...
- More Grants from the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health
- • Reducing Cardiac Arrest Disparities Through Data Registries Initiative
- • State/Tribal/Territorial Partnership Initiative to Document and Sustain Disparity-Reducing...
- • Demonstration to Increase Hydroxyurea Prescribing for Children with Sickle Cell Disease Th...
- • Community-based Approaches to Strengthening Economic Supports for Working Families
- • Announcement of the Availability of Funds for Research Integrity Program Development and E...