Nome Community Archaeology Expedition
The summary for the Nome Community Archaeology Expedition grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Nome Community Archaeology Expedition: 1) Provide an opportunity for students from rural communities and diverse backgrounds to expand their academic and vocational skills, earn academic credit, and build peer networks with fellow students. 2) Develop a replicable youth program that includes strong educational content aligned with land conservation and resource preservation themes and local native knowledge, immersive field experiences, hands-on work with local experts and NPS professionals. 3) Foster partnerships between NPS Alaska Geographic, Alaska Native organizations, schools, and other community organizations to build capacity to provide local youth with meaningful opportunities connected to National Parks. 4) Document an archaeological site and assess its research potential. 5) Produce outreach materials to distribute findings and promote future programs.
|Federal Grant Title:||Nome Community Archaeology Expedition|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P19AS00343|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 7th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 7th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||July 2nd, 2019|
|Creation Date:||July 2nd, 2019|
|Archive Date:||July 8th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$40,933|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$40,933|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$40,932|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||July 2nd, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants Management Officer Erica Cordeiro 907-644-3315
- Similar Government Grants
- • MACA Administrative History
- • Visitor Use Study at Waco Mammoth National Monument
- • Stabilization of Rock Springs Land and Cattle Company Headquarters Building
- • Stabilization of Telegraph Building at OX Ranch
- • An investigation of the Impact of the NPS to New Mexico's Outdoor Recreation Economy ...
- • Historic Structure Analysis of Bowman-Hite House and Bank Barn, Cedar Creek and Belle Grov...
- • National Park Service- Catalog Southwest Regional Office Central Files
- • National Park Service- Archeological Testing at LA162528/PECO742, Pigeon's Ranch Subunit, ...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Japanese American Confinement Sites Grant Program
- • Engaging Youth through Trails, Roads and Environmental Restoration Projects
- • Youth Work Programs Cross Cultural Learning - Tomaquag Interns
- • Lowell Folk Festival Support
- • Collaborative Management Through Implementation of the Upper Delaware River Management Pla...