Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for the Department's Fiscal Year 2019 Comprehensive Housing Counseling Grant Program
The summary for the Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for the Department's Fiscal Year 2019 Comprehensive Housing Counseling Grant Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Housing and Urban Development, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for the Department's Fiscal Year 2019 Comprehensive Housing Counseling Grant Program: The purpose of HUD's Housing Counseling Grant Program is to provide funds that shall be used for providing counseling and advice to tenants and homeowners, both current and prospective, with respect to property maintenance, financial management and literacy, and such other matters as may be appropriate to assist program clients in improving their housing conditions, meeting their financial needs, and fulfilling the responsibilities of tenancy or homeownership. Funding provided under this NOFA is intended to support HUD-approved housing counseling agencies to respond flexibly to the needs of residents and neighborhoods, and deliver a wide variety of housing counseling services to homebuyers, homeowners, renters, and the homeless. This NOFA plays an integral role in the continued stabilization of our nation's housing market by helping individuals and families obtain housing and stay in their homes through responsible homeownership or affordable rental housing. Traditionally underserved populations, such as minorities, the elderly, veterans, persons with disabilities, persons with limited English proficiency, and residents of rural areas, face unique housing and economic challenges. HUD's Comprehensive Housing Counseling Grant Program funds housing agencies that provide expert, unbiased guidance and information to help families and individuals meet their housing needs and improve their financial situations. Moreover, HUD grant funding supports housing counseling agencies that act as an important safeguard in the prevention of housing scams and discrimination. These housing counseling agencies are able to act as an important gateway to local, state, federal, and private housing assistance and resources.
|Federal Grant Title:||Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for the Department's Fiscal Year 2019 Comprehensive Housing Counseling Grant Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||FR-6300-N-33|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 1st, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 1st, 2019|
|Posted Date:||May 24th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||May 24th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||July 31st, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$43,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$3,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||250|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 24th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- 1. Eligible applicants must satisfy the following criteria: Applicant must be approved to participate in the HUD Housing Counseling Program prior to the NOFA issue date. In addition, SHFAs are eligible for this NOFA if they possess statutory authority to provide housing counseling throughout their entire state and adhere to all program requirements outlined in 24 CFR Part 214, this handbook, and other governing documents. Individuals, foreign entities, and sole proprietorship organizations are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Joel Schumacher
- Similar Government Grants
- • Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for the Department's Fiscal Year 2018 Comprehensive ...
- • Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for the Department's Fiscal Year 2017 Supplemental C...
- • Comprehensive Housing Counseling Grant Program
- • Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for the Department's Fiscal Years 2016 and 2017 Comp...
- • Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for the Department's Fiscal Year 2015 Supplemental C...
- • Housing Counseling Program
- More Grants from the Department of Housing and Urban Development
- • 2019 Family Unification Program Notice of Funding Availability
- • Section 811 Supportive Housing for Persons with Disabilities (Capital Advance)
- • Project Rental Assistance Program of Section 811 Supportive Housing for Persons with Disab...
- • Family Self-Sufficiency Program - Renewal
- • Resident Opportunity & Self-Sufficiency Program