Novel Therapeutic and Pathogenetic Studies of Oculomotor Disorders
The summary for the Novel Therapeutic and Pathogenetic Studies of Oculomotor Disorders grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Novel Therapeutic and Pathogenetic Studies of Oculomotor Disorders: The National Eye Institute (NEI) encourages the submission of investigator- initiated applications to develop novel therapeutic and pathogenetic approaches to disorders that affect ocular motility. These disorders include strabismus syndromes, myasthenia gravis, congenital fibrosis syndromes, congenital nystagmus, and other disorders that compromise eye movement in the orbit and thus limit visual acuity. Many of these disorders, such as strabismus, are common in childhood and can lead to permanent visual loss if uncorrected. Present treatments are largely surgical in nature, with uneven success and the need for repeated surgery. Therapy for symptoms such as pain, pressure, or double vision present in some disorders is solely palliative in nature. The mechanisms of pathogenesis for these disorders is largely unknown. Responses to this announcement may include applications for basic or applied, preclinical or clinical research. Applications may broadly address novel therapeutic strategies and/or new insights into the pathogenesis of oculomotor diseases.
|Federal Grant Title:||Novel Therapeutic and Pathogenetic Studies of Oculomotor Disorders|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-EY-03-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Vision Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||March 27, 2003, and November 21, 2003|
|Posted Date:||Aug 04, 2003|
|Creation Date:||Dec 21, 2003|
|Archive Date:||Dec 21, 2003|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Individuals For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Webmaster, NIH, Webmaster, Phone not available, Fax not available, Email FBOWebmaster@mail.nih.gov FBOWebmaster@mail.nih.gov Webmaster, NIH
- Similar Government Grants
- • NEI Research Grant for Vision-Related Secondary Data Analysis (R21 Clinical Trial Not Allo...
- • NEI Clinical Research Study Planning Grant Program (R34 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Limited Competition: NEI - DOD Vision Research Collaborative (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allow...
- • NEI Audacious Goals Initiative: Preliminary Studies for Translation-Enabling Models of the...
- • U.S. - India Collaborative Vision Research Program (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Nei Career Transition Award (K22)
- • NEI Translational Research Program On Therapy For Visual Disorders
- • NEI Clinical Study Planning Grant Program (R34)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...