Nutrition and Diet in the Causation, Prevention, and Management of Heart Failure
The summary for the Nutrition and Diet in the Causation, Prevention, and Management of Heart Failure grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Nutrition and Diet in the Causation, Prevention, and Management of Heart Failure: The purpose of this Program Announcement is to encourage submission of investigator-initiated research applications on the role of nutrition and diet in the causation, prevention, and treatment of cardiomyopathies and heart failure. Basic, translational, and applied interdisciplinary research applications with rigorous hypothesis-testing designs for projects in animals or humans are of interest. The overall goal is to develop a satisfactory science base for preventive approaches in high-risk individuals and for rational nutritional management of patients in various stages of heart failure.
|Federal Grant Title:||Nutrition and Diet in the Causation, Prevention, and Management of Heart Failure|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-05-089|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Nursing Research 93.837 Heart and Vascular Diseases Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Apr 15, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Dec 12, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Feb 03, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.866 -- Aging Research|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education City or township governments Independent school districts Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) County governments Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) For profit organizations other than small businesses Special district governments State governments Private institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible agencies of the Federal Government are eligible to apply. Foreign institutions are eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...