OJJDP FY 19 Supporting Victims of Gang Violence
The summary for the OJJDP FY 19 Supporting Victims of Gang Violence grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of Juvenile Justice Delinquency Prevention , which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
OJJDP FY 19 Supporting Victims of Gang Violence: The purpose of this program is to support the efforts of communities to promote justice and healing for juvenile victims and their families as well as witnesses that have been affected by gang violence in their community. Under this initiative, organizations working closely with the criminal justice system will provide comprehensive victim assistance services to ensure that youth (and their families) impacted by gang violence are not further traumatized and have adequate supports to feel safe in their community. This may include emergency crisis response, referrals for services, post-trial notification, and liaison services during the legal process. In addition, similar services will be provided to youth witnesses of gang violence.
|Federal Grant Title:||OJJDP FY 19 Supporting Victims of Gang Violence|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of Juvenile Justice Delinquency Prevention (USDOJ-OJP-OJJDP)|
|Grant Categories:||Law Justice and Legal Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||OJJDP-2019-14992|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||June 10th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||June 10th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||April 8th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||April 8th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,200,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$320,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||April 8th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are limited to states (including territories), units of local government, federally recognized Indian tribal governments (as determined by the Secretary of the Interior) (a determination by the Secretary of the Interior is not required for tribes to which federal recognition was extended by virtue of Public Law 115121, the Thomasina E. Jordan Indian Tribes of Virginia Federal Recognition Act of 2017), and nonprofit organizations (including tribal nonprofit organizations), and institutions of higher education (including tribal institutions of higher education). All recipients and subrecipients (including any for-profit organization) must forgo any profit or management fee.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Full Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- For technical assistance with submitting an application, contact the Grants.gov Customer Support Hotline at 8005184726 or 6065455035, at https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/support.html, or at email@example.com. The Grants.gov Support Hotline operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except on federal holidays.
An applicant that experiences unforeseen Grants.gov technical issues beyond its control that prevent it from submitting its application by the deadline must email the National Criminal Justice Reference Service Response Center (Response Center) at firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours after the application deadline to request approval to submit its application after the deadline. Additional information on reporting technical issues appears under Experiencing Unforeseen Grants.gov Technical Issues in the How To Apply (Grants.gov) section in the OJP Grant Application Resource Guide.
For assistance with any other requirements of this solicitation, contact the Response Center by telephone at 8008513420 or TTY: 3012406310 (hearing impaired only) or by email at email@example.com. Response Center hours of operation are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday, and 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET on the solicitation close date. General information on applying for OJJDP awards can be found at https://www.ojjdp.gov/funding/funding.html. Answers to frequently asked questions that may assist applicants are posted at https://www.ojjdp.gov/grants/solicitations/FY2019/FAQ/GangSupport.pdf.
- Similar Government Grants
- • OJJDP FY 20 Comprehensive Anti-Gang Programs for Youth
- • OJJDP FY 20 National Gang Center
- • OJJDP FY 19 Youth Gang Suppression Implementation Grants Program
- • OJJDP FY 19 Youth Gang Desistance/Diversion Grant Program
- • OJJDP FY 18 Initiative To Develop a Research-Based Practice Guide To Prevent and Reduce Yo...
- • OJJDP FY 2010 National Evaluation of the Community-Based Violence Prevention Program
- • OJJDP FY 2010 Community-Based Violence Prevention Demonstration Program
- • OJJDP FY 2011 Community-Based Violence Prevention Demonstration Program
- More Grants from the Office of Juvenile Justice Delinquency Prevention
- • OJJDP FY 20 Preventing Trafficking of Girls
- • OJJDP FY 20 Reducing Risk for Girls in the Juvenile Justice System
- • OJJDP FY 20 Comprehensive Anti-Gang Programs for Youth
- • OJJDP FY 20 Juvenile Justice and Mental Health Collaboration Program
- • OJJDP FY 20 Second Chance Act Youth Offender Reentry Program