OR-WA BLM CCSP WEW Fender's Blue Butterfly Research and Habitat Project
The summary for the OR-WA BLM CCSP WEW Fender's Blue Butterfly Research and Habitat Project grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
OR-WA BLM CCSP WEW Fender's Blue Butterfly Research and Habitat Project: The Willamette Valley prairies are one of the most endangered habitats in the U.S (Noss et al. 1995). With less than half a percent of habitat remaining, and little of that in pristine condition, restoration of this native habitat is essential if this ecotype and the species that depend on it are going to survive. Two species severely limited by degradation of Willamette Valley prairies are the Fenders blue butterfly (Plebejus icarioides fenderi, Federally Endangered) and its primary larval host plant, Kincaids lupine (Lupinus oreganus Federally Threatened). These species were protected under the U.S. Endangered Species Act in 2000 with specific recommendations for recovery included in the Recovery Plan for prairie species in western Oregon and southwest Washington (U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service 2000, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service 2010). Habitat for both of these species is scarce and remaining habitat highly degraded. This project is to monitor, conduct research and analysis, and evaluate treatment effects to occupied habitats with two federally listed species, Fenders blue butterfly and its host plant Kincaids lupine.
|Federal Grant Title:||OR-WA BLM CCSP WEW Fender's Blue Butterfly Research and Habitat Project|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L14AS00089|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Challenge Cost Share|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 3, 2014|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 3, 2014|
|Posted Date:||May 6, 2014|
|Creation Date:||May 6, 2014|
|Archive Date:||May 5, 2015|
|Total Program Funding:||$250,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$20,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Sheri Dowley, Grants Management Specialist, 503-808-6243
CCSP WEW Fenders Blue Butterfly
Bureau of Land Management 801-539-4178
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM-NM, Cave and Karst Conservation Assistance for the Fort Stanton-Snowy River Cave Natio...
- • BLM-[ES], Public Outreac on BLM Islands on Lake Vermilion and Surrounding Lakes
- • BLM-CO Experimentation and Research Using Native Seed Resources
- • BLM OR/WA Pollinator Systems in the Channeled Scablands of Eastern Washington and for Spal...
- • BLM-MT, Natural Resources Data Services and Database Development
- • Fender's Blue Butterfly Habitat Restoration
- • Route 66
- • BLM ID Challenge Cost Share 2009 - Reannouncement
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands