Occupational Licensing Review and Portability
The summary for the Occupational Licensing Review and Portability grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Employment and Training Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Occupational Licensing Review and Portability: Notice of Intent requesting Letters of Interest for a sole source award to help enhance the portability of occupational licensing. The Employment and Training Administration (ETA) intends to award up to a total of $7,500,000 to one or a few national or regional organizations that will establish consortia of states to design and implement strategies that enhance the portability of occupational licenses and to otherwise reduce overly burdensome restrictions. These funds are authorized in paragraph (6) under the heading “State Unemployment Insurance and Employment Services Operations” in Title I of Division H of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2016, as further explained in the Explanatory Statement of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2016, 161 Cong. Rec. H. 10281 (Dec. 17, 2015).
|Federal Grant Title:||Occupational Licensing Review and Portability|
|Federal Agency Name:||Employment and Training Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOI-ETA-16-14|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Employment Service/Wagner-Peyser Funded Activities|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 18, 2016 Notice of Intent requesting Letters|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 18, 2016 This is a Notice of Intent (NOI) and|
|Posted Date:||Jun 17, 2016|
|Creation Date:||Jun 17, 2016|
|Archive Date:||Aug 17, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$7,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$7,500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Category Explanation
- Notice of Intent requesting Letters of Interest for a sole source award to help enhance the portability of occupational licensing.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible entities must be a 501(c)(3) non-profit, including but not limited to national or regional organizations across multiple states and/or tribal areas, such as an association of governors’ offices, an association of state legislatures, an association of state licensing boards or agencies, and/or a workforce intermediary or technical assistance organization. Interested entities must document relevant experience with:• Conducting research on and reviewing licensing requirements and policies across multiple states or geographic areas.• Coordinating among a group of leaders across states (or other relevant entities) to come to common agreement on a set of goals and implementation plan and work together to make progress.• Developing best practices and recommendations for state level reforms.More than one eligible national or regional organization may partner together in this effort. In the case of these partnerships, one partnering organization must assume the role of lead partner. Cooperative agreements will be awarded to the lead partner, which will serve as the grantee and have overall fiscal and administrative responsibility for the project. Sub-grants are not permissible, but contracts and other mechanisms may be permitted.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Serena Boyd
Employment and Training Administration 202-693-3346
- More Grants from the Employment and Training Administration
- • H-1B One Workforce Grant Program
- • H-1B Rural Healthcare Grant Program
- • Change 1 to Training and Employment Guidance Letter No. 13-19, Work Opportunity Tax Credit...
- • Women in Apprenticeship and Nontraditional Occupations (“WANTO”) Technical Ass...
- • Strengthening Community Colleges Training Grants