Occupational Safety and Health Surveillance Collaboration, Education and Translation
The summary for the Occupational Safety and Health Surveillance Collaboration, Education and Translation grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Occupational Safety and Health Surveillance Collaboration, Education and Translation: NIOSH uses cooperative agreements to arrange collaborative surveillance and research opportunities with state health departments, universities, labor unions, and nonprofit organizations. NIOSH funds a broad array of cooperative agreements to develop knowledge for preventing occupational diseases, injury, and death. The U24 cooperative agreement mechanism will be used to provide tribal nations, states, and large municipalities with technical assistance and services to build occupational safety and health (OSH) program capacity and promote the use of multiple-source surveillance data. The awardee(s) will advance education and translation through the operation of an open-access online repository for occupational health information and surveillance data. States, Non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and tribes will draw upon relationships with their stakeholders to use surveillance data to take action such as identify or support tribal and state priorities, and guide coordinated, targeted efforts to protect workers; monitor statistical and other trends and progress over time (i.e., burden and impact); propose pilot and evaluation activities for addressing disease burden or impact; conduct educational and outreach activities; and to develop prevention and intervention recommendations.
|Federal Grant Title:||Occupational Safety and Health Surveillance Collaboration, Education and Translation|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA (HHS-CDC-HHSCDCERA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-OH-19-002|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||January 31st, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||January 31st, 2019|
|Posted Date:||December 11th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||December 11th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||March 2nd, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$675,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$225,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||December 12th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Linda West
- Similar Government Grants
- • Commercial Fishing Occupational Safety Training Project Grants
- • Commercial Fishing Occupational Safety Research Cooperative Agreement
- • National Center for Construction Safety and Health Research and Translation
- • Occupational Safety and Health Research (R01)
- • NIOSH Exploratory/Developmental Grant Program (R21)
- • Career Development Grants in Occupational Safety and Health Research (K01)
- • World Trade Center Health Consortium
- • Mining Safety and Health Training and Translation Center
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA
- • Modeling Infectious Diseases in Healthcare Research Projects to Improve Prevention Researc...
- • Detection and Characterization of Emerging Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Pathogens in Indonesi...
- • Enhanced Surveillance and Control of Arboviruses in Puerto Rico
- • Network of Modeling Centers to Improve Evidence Base for Seasonal and Pandemic Influenza P...
- • Epidemiology, Prevention, and Treatment of Influenza and Other Respiratory Infections in P...