Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Defraying Costs of Enrolling Displaced Students Programs CFDA Number 84.938S
The summary for the Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Defraying Costs of Enrolling Displaced Students Programs CFDA Number 84.938S grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Defraying Costs of Enrolling Displaced Students Programs CFDA Number 84.938S: Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html. Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information. Purpose of Program: Under the Defraying Costs of Enrolling Displaced Students Program (DCEDS Program or DCEDS), we will award grants to eligible institutions of higher education (IHEs) to help defray their unexpected expenses associated with enrolling displaced students from IHEs at which operations have been disrupted by a covered disaster or emergency (``qualifying displaced students''), namely Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria and the wildfires in calendar year 2017 for which the President declared a major disaster or emergency under section 401 or 501 of the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (42 U.S.C. 5170 and 5191) (``covered disaster or emergency''). Exemption From Rulemaking: This program is exempt from the rulemaking requirements in section 437 of the General Education Provisions Act (GEPA) (20 U.S.C. 1232) and section 553 of the Administrative Procedure Act (APA) (5 U.S.C. 553). Division B, Subdivision 1, Title VIII, ``Hurricane Education Recovery'' paragraph (6), of Public Law 115-123, the ``Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018.'' 132 Stat. 98. Program Authority: Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018, Public Law 115-123. Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) number 84.938S. Applications for grants under this competition may be submitted in one of two ways: a. Email an electronic version of your application in PDF (Portable Document Format) to DCEDSProgram@ed.gov, or b. Mail the original and two copies of your application by express mail service through the U.S. Postal Service or through a commercial carrier to James Davis, Office of Postsecondary Education, U.S. Department of Education, 400 Maryland Avenue SW, Room 268-02, Washington, DC 20202-6200. The amount of time it can take to email an application will vary depending on a variety of factors, including the size of the application and the speed of your internet connection. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you do not wait until minutes before the application deadline to begin emailing your application. For information on requirements when submitting paper applications, please see Common Instructions for Applicants to Department of Education Discretionary Grant Programs, published in the Federal Register on February 12, 2018 (83 FR 6003) and available at www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2018-02-12/pdf/2018-02558.pdf.
|Federal Grant Title:||Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Defraying Costs of Enrolling Displaced Students Programs CFDA Number 84.938S|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education (ED)|
|Grant Categories:||Disaster Prevention and Relief Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-050318-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||June 4th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||June 4th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||May 3rd, 2018|
|Creation Date:||May 3rd, 2018|
|Archive Date:||July 4th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$75,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$2,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||250|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 3rd, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants: Institutions that meet the definition of ``institution of higher education'' in section 101 or section 102(a)(1) of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended (20 U.S.C. 1001 and 1002(a)(1)) if they have had unexpected expenses associated with enrolling displaced students from IHEs at which operations have been disrupted by a covered disaster or emergency.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Defraying Costs of Enrolling Displaced Students Programs CFDA Number 84.938S; Notice Inviting Applications for the Fiscal Year (FY) 2018
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julius Cotton
ED Grants.gov FIND Systems Admin.
U.S. Department of Education,
400 Maryland Avenue SW, Room 268-02,
Washington, DC 20202-6200.
Telephone: (202) 453-7814. Email: James.Davis@ed.gov.
e-Mail: Program Manager
- Similar Government Grants
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Emergency Assistance to Institutions of Higher ed...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Emergency Impact Aid Program CFDA Num...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Assistance for Homeless Children and ...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Immediate Aid to restart School Opera...
- • Opportunity ED-GRANTS-011609-002
- • Hurricane Education Recovery Awards Program (84.938H)
- • Hurricane Education Recovery Awards CFDA 84.938H
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection: National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection--National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Leadership Development Programs: Increasing the Capacity of Leaders to Improve...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination To Improve Services and Results for Chi...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination Center for the Development and Implemen...