Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) Program CFDA Number 84.047V
The summary for the Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) Program CFDA Number 84.047V grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) Program CFDA Number 84.047V: Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html.Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information. Purpose of Program: The Upward Bound (UB) Program is one of the seven programs known as the Federal TRIO Programs, which provide postsecondary educational support for qualified individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds. The UB Program is a discretionary grant program that supports projects designed to provide the skills and motivation necessary to complete a program of secondary education and to enter and succeed in a program of postsecondary education. There are three types of grants under the UB Program: Regular UB grants, UB Math and Science (UBMS) grants, and Veterans UB (VUB) grants. This notice announces the deadlines and other information only for VUB grants. The VUB Program supports projects designed to prepare, motivate, and assist military veterans in the development of academic and other skills necessary for acceptance into and success in a program of postsecondary education. The President has set a clear goal for our education system: By 2020, the United States will once again lead the world in college attainment. The Department views the VUB Program as a critical component in the effort to improve the quality of educational opportunities so that more veterans are well prepared for college and careers. To more strategically align VUB with overarching reform strategies for postsecondary completion, the Department is announcing two competitive preference priorities for this competition.Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number: 84.047V.Applications for grants under the Veterans Upward Bound Grant Competition, CFDA number 84.047V, must be submitted electronically using the Governmentwide Grants.gov Apply site at www.Grants.gov. Through this site, you will be able to download a copy of the application package, complete it offline, and then upload and submit your application. You may not email an electronic copy of a grant application to us.You may access the electronic grant application for the Veterans Upward Bound Grant competition at www.Grants.gov. You must search for the downloadable application package for this competition by the CFDA number. Do not include the CFDA number's alpha suffix in your search (e.g., search for 84.047, not 84.047V).
|Federal Grant Title:||Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) Program CFDA Number 84.047V|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-071012-002|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||TRIO_Upward Bound|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 09, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 09, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Jul 10, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Jul 10, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Sep 08, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$10,124,058|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||34|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants: Institutions of higher education; public and private agencies and organizations, including community-based organizations with experience in serving disadvantaged youth; secondary schools; and combinations of these institutions, agencies, and organizations.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julius Cotton ED Grants.gov Systems Admin. Phone 202-245-6140 firstname.lastname@example.org Program Manager: Kenneth Foushee Veterans Upward Bound Program U.S. Department of Education 1990 K St. NW., room 7000, Washington, DC 20006-8510. Telephone: (202) 502-7600 or by email: email@example.com.
e-Mail; Program Manager [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Veterans Upward bound Program CFDA Number 84.047V
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Upward Bound Math and Science Program CFDA Number...
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Upward Bound Program CFDA Number 84.047A
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Federal TRIO Programs: Upward Bound Math and Scie...
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Upward Bound Program (Regular Upward Bound (UB) C...
- • Upward Bound Program Participant Expansion Initiative
- • Upward Bound Math and Science Program
- • Upward Bound Program (84.047A) Regular Upward Bound Program
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection: National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection--National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Leadership Development Programs: Increasing the Capacity of Leaders to Improve...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination To Improve Services and Results for Chi...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination Center for the Development and Implemen...