The summary for the Opportunity ED-GRANTS-032309-004 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Opportunity ED-GRANTS-032309-004: Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html. Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information. The Director of the Institute of Education Sciences (Institute) announces the Institute's FY 2010 competitions for grants to support education research and special education research. The Director takes this action under the Education Sciences Reform Act of 2002, title I of Public Law 107-279. The intent of these grants is to provide national leadership in expanding fundamental knowledge and understanding of education from early childhood education through postsecondary and adult education. Purpose of Program: The central purpose of the Institute's research grant programs is to provide parents, educators, students, researchers, policymakers, and the general public with reliable and valid information about education practices that support learning and improve academic achievement and access to education opportunities for all students. In carrying out its grant programs, the Institute provides support for programs of research in areas of demonstrated national need. Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number: 84.305C. Applications for grants under the Education Research, Education Research Training, Education Research and Development Centers, Research on Statistical and Research Methodology in Education, and Evaluation of State and Local Education Programs and Policies competitions, CFDA Numbers 84.305A, 84.305B, 84.305C, 84.305D, and 84.305E, and for grants under the Special Education Research, Special Education Research Training, and Special Education Research and Development Centers competitions, CFDA Numbers 84.324A, 84.324B, and 84.324C must be submitted electronically using the governmentwide Grants.gov Apply site at www.Grants.gov. Through this site, you will be able to download a copy of the application package, complete it offline, and then upload and submit your application. You may not e-mail an electronic copy of a grant application to us. You may access the electronic grant applications for the Education Research, Education Research Training, Education Research and Development Centers, Research on Statistical and Research Methodology in Education, Evaluation of State and Local Education Programs and Policies, Special Education Research, Special Education Research Training, and Special Education Research and Development Centers competitions at www.Grants.gov. You must search for the downloadable application package for each competition by the CFDA number. Do not include the CFDA number's alpha suffix in your search (e.g., search for 84.324, not 84.324A). The telephone number for the Grants.gov Helpdesk is 1-800-518-4726 or e-Mail: email@example.com.
|Federal Grant Title:||Opportunity ED-GRANTS-032309-004|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-032309-004|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Education Research, Development and Dissemination|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 01, 2009 Reque|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 01, 2009 Reque|
|Posted Date:||Mar 23, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Mar 23, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Oct 31, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants: Applicants that have the ability and capacity to conduct scientifically valid research are eligible to apply. Eligible applicants include, but are not limited to, non-profit and for-profit organizations and public and private agencies and institutions, such as colleges and universities.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julius Cotton ED Grants.gov FIND System Admin. Phone (202) 245-6140 firstname.lastname@example.org Program Manager: David Sweet Institute of Education Sciences U.S. Department of Education 400 Maryland Avenue, SW Capital Place, Room 621 Washington, DC 20202 Telephone: (202) 219-1748 or e-Mail:
e-Mail: Program Manager [David.Sweet@ed.gov]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Institute of Education Sciences (IES): Research Training Programs in the Education Science...
- • Institute of Education Sciences (IES): Research Grants Focused on Systemic Replication CFD...
- • Institute of Education Sciences (IES): Statistical and Research Methodology in Research CF...
- • Institute of Education Sciences (IES): Education Research CFDA Number 84.305A
- • Institute of Education Sciences (IES): Education Research and Development Centers CFDA Num...
- • Grants To Support Education Research for Fiscal Year (FY) 2004: National Research and Deve...
- • Grants To Support Education Research for Fiscal Year (FY) 2004: Predoctoral Training
- • Reading and Writing Education Research
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection: National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection--National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Leadership Development Programs: Increasing the Capacity of Leaders to Improve...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination To Improve Services and Results for Chi...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination Center for the Development and Implemen...