The summary for the Opportunity ED-GRANTS-040910-002 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Opportunity ED-GRANTS-040910-002: Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html. Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information. Purpose and Overview of Program: Authorized under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA), the Race to the Top Fund Assessment Program provides funding to consortia of States to develop assessments that are valid, support and inform instruction, provide accurate information about what students know and can do, and measure student achievement against standards designed to ensure that all students gain the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in college and the workplace. These assessments are intended to play a critical role in educational systems; provide administrators, educators, parents, and students with the data and information needed to continuously improve teaching and learning; and help meet the President's goal of restoring, by 2020, the nation's position as the world leader in college graduates. Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number: 84.395B (Comprehensive Assessment Systems grants). An applicant must submit an original and one paper copy of its application for either grant category under this competition. An applicant may submit its application by mail or hand delivery. E-mailed applications will not be read. If an applicant's application includes content that cannot be presented in a paper copy, the applicant may submit that content separately in one or more electronic files on a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM. The application content must reside on the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM; the Department will not review material in external references or links. The files may be in any of the following formats: .DOC/.DOCX (Microsoft Word Document), .PDF (Adobe Portable Document Format), .PPT/.PPTX (Microsoft owerpoint), .HTML (Hypertext Markup Language), .JPEG (Joint Photographic Experts Group Image), .GIF (Graphics Interchange Format), .PNG (Portable Network Graphics), .TIFF (Tagged Image Format), .XLS/.XLSX (Microsoft Excel), .XML/.XSD (Extensible Markup Language/XML Schema), .CSV (Comma Separated Values), .TXT (Text File), and .ZIP (Compressed Package). If an applicant is submitting data files, it should include in its application a description or schema of the data elements within the files. If an applicant submits a file type other than the types specified in this paragraph, the Department will not review that material. Applicants should not password-protect these files. Each electronic file name should clearly identify the part of the application to which the content is responding. The CD-ROM or DVD-ROM should be clearly labeled with the applicant's name and any other relevant information. An applicant must provide 10 copies of any CD-ROM or DVD-ROM it submits with the original and paper copy of its application. On April 9, 2010, the Department of Education published in the Federal Register (75 FR 18171) a notice inviting applications for new awards for FY 2010 (NIA) for the Race to the Top Fund Assessment Program. This notice makes two corrections to the April 9 NIA. On page 18178, we provided a mailing address, telephone number, and fax number for the Education Publications Center (ED Pubs), from which prospective applicants can obtain an application package for either grant category under the Race to the Top Fund Assessment Program competition. The mailing address and fax number that we provided were incorrect. To correct these errors, the Department makes the following corrections to the April 9 NIA: On page 18178, in the third column, under the heading A. Address To Request Application Package: 1. Correct the third sentence to read: ``To obtain a copy from ED Pubs, write, fax or call the following: Education Publications Center, P.O. Box 22207, Alexandria, VA 22304.'' 2. Correct the fifth sentence to read: ``FAX: (703) 605-6794.''
|Federal Grant Title:||Opportunity ED-GRANTS-040910-002|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education|
|Grant Categories:||Education Recovery Act|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-040910-002|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||State Fiscal Stabilization Fund (SFSF) - Race-to-the-Top Incentive Grants, Recovery Act|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 23, 2010 Appli|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 23, 2010 Appli|
|Posted Date:||Apr 13, 2010|
|Creation Date:||May 28, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Jul 23, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$30,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$30,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- To be eligible for a High School Course Assessment Programs grant, an eligible applicant must include at least 5 governing States. An eligible applicant receiving a High School Course Assessment Programs grant must ensure that at least one course assessment developed under the assessment program will be implemented in each State in the consortium no later than the 2013-2014 school year and that all assessments in the assessment program will be operational no later than the 2014-2015 school year.\2\ The Department will not require that assessments developed with High School Course Assessment Programs grants be used to meet the assessment requirements in Title I of the ESEA. ------------------------------------------------- \2\ By requiring that at least one course assessment developed under the assessment program be implemented in each State in the consortium no later than the 2013-2014 school year and that all assessments in the assessment program be operational no later than the 2014-2015 school year, we believe that we are providing an eligible applicant receiving a High School Course Assessment Programs grant with an appropriate amount of time to design and develop course assessment programs that meet the Absolute Priority and other requirements for this grant category.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julius Cotton ED Grants.gov FIND Systems Admin. Phone 202-245-6140 firstname.lastname@example.org Program Manager: James Butler U.S. Department of Education 400 Maryland Avenue, SW., room 3C108 Washington, DC 20202-6400 Telephone: (202) 453-7246 or by e-mail:
e-Mail: Program Mailbox [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Opportunity ED-GRANTS-041410-001
- • Opportunity ED-GRANTS-040910-001
- • Opportunity ED-GRANTS-111809-002
- • Office of Elementary & Secondary Education; Overview Information: Race to the Top Fund (AR...
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection: National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection--National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Leadership Development Programs: Increasing the Capacity of Leaders to Improve...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination To Improve Services and Results for Chi...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination Center for the Development and Implemen...