The summary for the Opportunity ED-GRANTS-052709-001 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Opportunity ED-GRANTS-052709-001: Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html. Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information. Purpose of Program: The purposes of the Teacher Quality Partnership (TQP) Grants Program are to: Improve student achievement; improve the quality of new and prospective teachers by improving the preparation of prospective teachers and enhancing professional development activities for new teachers; hold teacher preparation programs at institutions of higher education (IHEs) accountable for preparing highly qualified teachers; and recruit highly qualified individuals, including minorities and individuals from other occupations, into the teaching force. More specifically, the TQP Grants Program seeks to improve the quality of new teachers by creating partnerships among IHEs, high-need school districts (local educational agencies (LEAs)) their high-need schools, and/or high-need early childhood education (ECE) program. These partnerships would create model teacher preparation programs at the pre-baccalaureate level through the implementation of specific reforms of the IHE's existing teacher preparation programs, and/or model teaching residency programs for individuals with strong academic and/or professional backgrounds but without teaching experience. The TQP Grants Program may also support school leadership programs to train superintendents, principals, ECE program directors, and other school leaders in high-need or rural LEAs. Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number: 84.405A. Applications for grants under the Teacher Quality Partnership--CFDA Number 84.405A must be submitted electronically using e-Application, accessible through the Department's e-Grants Web site at: http://e-grants.ed.gov. While completing your electronic application, you will be entering data online that will be saved into a database. You may not e-mail an electronic copy of a grant application to us. Notice inviting applications for new awards for fiscal year (FY) 2009; correction. On May 27, 2009, we published in the Federal Register (74 FR 25221) a notice inviting applications for new awards for FY 2009. This notice corrects an error in that notice. In the Federal Register of May 27, 2009, in FR Doc. E9-12180, on page 25227, in the third column, under the heading Poverty Data, at the end of line six, insert the word ``not'' after the word ``serves.''
|Federal Grant Title:||Opportunity ED-GRANTS-052709-001|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education|
|Grant Categories:||Education Recovery Act|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-052709-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Teacher Quality Enhancement Partnerships|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 23, 2009 Appli|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 23, 2009 Appli|
|Posted Date:||May 27, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Jun 04, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Aug 22, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$143,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||35|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants: An eligible applicant must be an ``eligible partnership'' as defined in section 200(6) of the HEA. The fiscal agent of the grant must be one of the required partners in the eligible partnership, as described in section 200 of the HEA. We are establishing this requirement in accordance with section 437(d)(1) of GEPA to ensure that a required member of the partnership is responsible for the administration of the grant.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julius Cotton ED Grants.gov FIND Systems Admin. Phone 202-245-6140 email@example.com Program Office: Teacher Quality Partnership Grants Program U.S. Department of Education 400 Maryland Avenue, SW., Room 4W320 Washington, DC 20202 Telephone: (202) 260-0563 or by e-mail:
e-Mail: Program Mailbox [TQPartnership@ed.gov]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Opportunity ED-GRANTS-080409-001
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection: National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection--National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Leadership Development Programs: Increasing the Capacity of Leaders to Improve...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination To Improve Services and Results for Chi...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination Center for the Development and Implemen...