The summary for the Opportunity ED-GRANTS-062310-001 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Opportunity ED-GRANTS-062310-001: Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html.Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information. Purpose of Program: The Smaller Learning Communities (SLC) program awards discretionary grants to local educational agencies (LEAs) to support the restructuring of large public high schools (i.e., schools with enrollments of 1,000 or more students) into smaller units for the purpose of improving academic achievement in large public high schools. These smaller units include freshman academies, multi-grade academies organized around career interests or other themes, ``houses'' in which small groups of students remain together throughout high school, and autonomous schools-within-a-school. These structural changes are typically complemented by other personalization strategies, such as student advisories, family advocate systems, and mentoring programs.Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number: 84.215L.Applications for grants under the Smaller Learning Communities Program--CFDA Number 84.215L must be submitted electronically using e-Application, accessible through the Department's e-Grants Web site at: http://e-grants.ed.gov. While completing your electronic application, you will be entering data online that will be saved into a database. You may not e-mail an electronic copy of a grant application to us. On June 23, 2010, we published in the Federal Register (75 FR 35894) a notice inviting applications for new awards using fiscal year (FY) 2009 funds for the Smaller Learning Communities Program. There are errors in two of the dates in that notice. We are correcting those dates in this notice. 1. On page 35896, third column, the deadline for the Notice of Intent to Apply is corrected to read ``July 15, 2010.'' 2. On page 35897, first column, under the heading Notice of Intent to Apply, the second sentence is removed and replaced with the following sentence: ``Therefore, we strongly encourage each potential applicant to send an e-mail notice of its intent to apply for funding by July 15, 2010.'' 3. On page 35897, first column, the deadline for the Transmittal of Applications is corrected to read ``August 6, 2010.''
|Federal Grant Title:||Opportunity ED-GRANTS-062310-001|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-062310-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Fund for the Improvement of Education|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 06, 2010 Appl|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 06, 2010 Appli|
|Posted Date:||Jun 23, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Jun 30, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Sep 05, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$32,674,540|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$2,500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||14|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants: Evidence of Eligibility: LEAs, including schools funded by the Bureau of Indian Education and educational service agencies, applying on behalf of large public high schools, are eligible to apply for a grant. We will not accept applications from LEAs applying on behalf of schools that are being constructed and do not have an active student enrollment at the time of application. LEAs may apply on behalf of no more than five schools. Along with its application, each applicant must provide for each school included in its application: (a) The school's name, postal mailing address, and the 12-digit identification number assigned to the school by the National Center for Education Statistics. (b) A signed and dated certification from the Superintendent of the LEA in which the school is located that, based upon data from the current school year or the most recently completed school year, the school is a large public high school as that term is defined in the 2005 SLC NFP (see Definitions section elsewhere in this notice). Consortium Applications and Educational Service Agencies: In an effort to encourage systemic, district-level reform efforts, we permit an individual LEA to submit only one grant application in a competition, specifying in each application which high schools the LEA intends to fund. In addition, we require that an LEA applying for a grant under this competition apply only on behalf of a high school or high schools for which it has governing authority, unless the LEA is an educational service agency that includes in its application evidence that the entity that has governing authority over the eligible high school supports the application. An LEA, however, may form a consortium with another LEA and submit a joint application for funds. The consortium must follow the procedures for group applications described in 34 CFR 75.127 through 75.129 in EDGAR. An LEA is eligible for only one grant whether the LEA applies independently or as part of a consortium. (2005 SLC NFP, 70 FR 22233, 22236) Previous Grantees: An LEA may only apply on behalf of a school or schools that are not included in an SLC implementation grant that has a performance period that extends beyond the current fiscal year (i.e., September 30, 2010). (2007 SLC NFP, 72 FR 28426, 28430)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julius Cotton ED Grants.gov FIND Systems Admin. Phone 202-245-6140 email@example.com Program Manager: Angela Hernandez-Marshall U.S. Department of Education 400 Maryland Avenue, SW., room 3E308, Washington, DC 20202-6200 Telephone: 202-205-1909 or by e-mail:
e-Mail: Program Mailbox [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Full-Service Community Schools (FSCS)...
- • Office of Innovation and Improvement (OII) Full-Service Community Schools (FSCS) Program C...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Innovative Approaches to Literacy (IA...
- • Office of Innovation and Improvement (OII): Promise Neighborhoods Program CFDA Number 84.2...
- • The Office of Innovation and Improvement (OII): Promise Neighborhoods Program CFDA Number ...
- • Excellence in Economic Education Program
- • Smaller Learning Communities--Special Competition for Supplemental Reading Program Researc...
- • Teaching American History Grant Program
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection: National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection--National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Leadership Development Programs: Increasing the Capacity of Leaders to Improve...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination To Improve Services and Results for Chi...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination Center for the Development and Implemen...