The summary for the Opportunity ED-GRANTS-111809-002 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Opportunity ED-GRANTS-111809-002: Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html. Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information. Purpose of Program: The purpose of the Race to the Top Fund, a competitive grant program authorized under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA), is to encourage and reward States that are creating the conditions for education innovation and reform; achieving significant improvement in student outcomes, including making substantial gains in student achievement, closing achievement gaps, improving high school graduation rates, and ensuring student preparation for success in college and careers; and implementing ambitious plans in four core education reform areas: (a) Adopting internationally-benchmarked standards and assessments that prepare students for success in college and the workplace; (b) Building data systems that measure student success and inform teachers and principals in how they can improve their practices; (c) Increasing teacher effectiveness and achieving equity in teacher distribution; and (d) Turning around our lowest-achieving schools. Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number: 84.395A. Applications for grants under this competition must be submitted by mail or hand delivery. The Department strongly recommends the use of overnight mail. Applications postmarked on the deadline date but arriving late will not be read. a. Application Submission Format and Deadline. Applications for grants under this competition, as well as any amendments regarding adoption of common standards that Phase 2 applicants may file after June 1 and through August 2, 2010, must be submitted in electronic format on a CD or DVD, with CD-ROM or DVD-ROM preferred. In addition, they must submit a signed original of Sections III and IV of the application and one copy of that signed original. Sections III and IV of the application include the Race to the Top Application Assurances and the Accountability, Transparency, Reporting and Other Assurances. All electronic application files must be in a .DOC (document), .DOCX (document), .RTF (rich text), or .PDF (Portable Document) format. Each file name should clearly identify the part of the application to which the content is responding. If a State submits a file type other than the four file types specified in this paragraph, the Department will not review that material. States should not password-protect these files. The CD or DVD should be clearly labeled with the State's name and any other relevant information. The Department must receive all grant applications by 4:30:00 p.m., Washington, DC time, on the application deadline date. We will not accept an application for this competition after 4:30:00 p.m., Washington, DC time, on the application deadline date. Therefore, we strongly recommend that applicants arrange for mailing or hand delivery of their applications in advance of the application deadline date. b. Submission of Applications by Mail. States may submit their application (i.e., the CD or DVD, the signed original of Sections III and IV of the application, and the copy of that original) by mail (either through the U.S. Postal Service or a commercial carrier). We must receive the applications on or before the application deadline date. Therefore, to avoid delays, we strongly recommend sending applications via overnight mail. Mail applications to the Department at the following address: U.S. Department of Education, Application Control Center, Attention: (CFDA Number 84.395A) LBJ Basement Level 1, 400 Maryland Avenue, SW., Washington, DC 20202-4260. If we receive an application after the application deadline, we will not consider that application. c. Submission of Applications by Hand Delivery. States may submit their application (i.e., the CD or DVD, the signed original of Sections III and IV of the application, and the copy of that original) by hand delivery (including via a courier service). We must receive the applications on or before the application deadline date, at the following address: U.S. Department of Education, Application Control Center, Attention: (CFDA Number 84.395A) 550 12th Street, SW., Room 7041, Potomac Center Plaza, Washington, DC 20202-4260. The Application Control Center accepts hand deliveries daily between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30:00 p.m., Washington, DC time, except Saturdays, Sundays, and Federal holidays. If we receive an application after the application deadline, we will not consider that application. d. Envelope requirements and receipt: When an applicant submits its application, whether by mail or hand delivery-- (1) It must indicate on the envelope that the CFDA number of the competition under which it is submitting its application is 84.395A; and (2) The Application Control Center will mail to the applicant a notification of receipt of the grant application. If the applicant does not receive this notification, it should call the U.S. Department of Education Application Control Center at (202) 245-6288.
|Federal Grant Title:||Opportunity ED-GRANTS-111809-002|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-111809-002|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||State Fiscal Stabilization Fund - State Incentive Grants|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 02, 2010 Appli|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 02, 2010 Appli|
|Posted Date:||Nov 18, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Nov 18, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Sep 01, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$4,000,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants: Eligible applicants are the 50 States, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico (referred to in this notice as State). A State must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible to receive funds under this program. (a) The State's applications for funding under Phase 1 and Phase 2 of the State Fiscal Stabilization Fund program must be approved by the Department prior to the State being awarded a Race to the Top grant. (b) At the time the State submits its application, there must not be any legal, statutory, or regulatory barriers at the State level to linking data on student achievement (as defined in this notice) or student growth (as defined in this notice) to teachers and principals for the purpose of teacher and principal evaluation.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julius Cotton ED Grants.gov FIND Systems Admin. Phone 202-245-6140 firstname.lastname@example.org Program Manager: James Butler U.S. Department of Education 400 Maryland Ave., SW., room 3E108 Washington, DC 20202-6400 Telephone: 202-205-3775 or by e-mail:
e-Mail: Program Mailbox [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Opportunity ED-GRANTS-041410-001
- • Opportunity ED-GRANTS-040910-002
- • Opportunity ED-GRANTS-040910-001
- • Office of Elementary & Secondary Education; Overview Information: Race to the Top Fund (AR...
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection: National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection--National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Leadership Development Programs: Increasing the Capacity of Leaders to Improve...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination To Improve Services and Results for Chi...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination Center for the Development and Implemen...