The summary for the Opportunity EDAFY2010UC grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Economic Development Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Opportunity EDAFY2010UC: As noted above, EDA's mission is to lead the federal economic development agenda by promoting innovation and competitiveness, preparing American regions for growth and success in the worldwide economy. Institutions of higher education have many assets that can help address regional economic problems and opportunities, such as faculty, staff, students, libraries, laboratories, facilities, and computer systems. With funding from EDA, institutions of higher education and consortia of institutions of higher education establish and operate University Centers. These EDA-sponsored University Centers conduct applied research, provide technical assistance to public and private sector organizations, and conduct other activities with the goal of enhancing regional economic development. EDA encourages the submission of applications that will significantly benefit regions with distressed economies. Distress may exist in a variety of forms, including high levels of unemployment, low income levels, large concentrations of low-income families, and significant declines in per capita income because of large numbers (or high rates) of business failures, sudden major layoffs or plant closures, military base closures, natural or other major disasters, depletion of natural resources or reduced tax bases, and substantial loss of population because of the lack of employment opportunities. Under the University Center Economic Development Program, EDA seeks to support university-based programs that provide for regional, Statewide or multi-State programs to help foster the creation and retention of higher-skill, higher-wage jobs; attract private capital investment to the region served by the proposed University Center; address regional economic development challenges and opportunities; and enhance long-term regional and national competitiveness in the worldwide marketplace. EDA encourages projects that will collaborate with, interact with, and benefit other EDA investment partners, recipients, and stakeholders, and create synergies with EDA's Public Works, Economic Adjustment, and Planning programs. To obtain the maximum effect of available program funds, EDA will strive to fund University Centers that, as a group, offer the widest possible coverage in the Austin and Denver regional offices' geographic areas and offer a full range of services tailored appropriately to the region's needs and each sponsoring institution's (or consortium's) strengths. EDA will strive to avoid funding duplicative services wherever practicable. EDA will not fund University Centers that operate in isolation from other resources at the institution of higher education (or consortium) receiving the award. University Center programs not focused on economic development activities that foster higher-skill, higher-wage job creation and private sector investments are encouraged to seek financial support from other sources. Please see the full FFO announcement, to which a link is provided below, for complete information.
|Federal Grant Title:||Opportunity EDAFY2010UC|
|Federal Agency Name:||Economic Development Administration|
|Grant Categories:||Other Regional Development|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||EDAFY2010UC|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Economic Development_Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 01, 2010 Pleas|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 01, 2010 Pleas|
|Posted Date:||Mar 04, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Mar 04, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Sep 01, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$7,437,408|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||25|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Category Explanation
- The Economic Development Administration's (EDA's) mission is to lead the federal economic development agenda by promoting innovation and competitiveness, preparing American regions for growth and success in the worldwide economy. EDA fulfills its mission by helping our partners across the nation create wealth and minimize poverty by promoting a favorable business environment to attract private capital investment, and higher-skill, higher-wage jobs through capacity-building, planning, infrastructure, research grants, and strategic initiatives. Institutions of higher education have many assets that can help address regional economic problems and opportunities, such as faculty, staff, students, libraries, laboratories, facilities, and computer systems. With funding from EDA, institutions of higher education and consortia of institutions of higher education establish and operate University Centers. These EDA-sponsored University Centers conduct applied research, provide technical assistance to public and private sector organizations, and conduct other activities with the goal of enhancing regional economic development.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- An accredited institution of higher education, including a community college, or a consortium of accredited institutions of higher education, is eligible to apply for and to receive funding under the University Center Economic Development Program. See section 3(12) of the Public Works and Economic Development Act of 1965, as amended (PWEDA) (42 U.S.C. § 3122(12)) and 13 C.F.R. § 300.3. A university-affiliated research foundation also is eligible to apply for and to receive funding under this competition, provided it demonstrates (e.g., a letter or other documentation from a university President or Chancellor) that it maintains the full and integral support of the university with respect to its economic development activities. For applicants applying as a consortium, one accredited institution must be identified as the lead agent that would have lead responsibility to EDA and to the other members of the consortium for implementing an award. A non-profit organization, in good standing and participating in the institution's proposed project in connection with an application under this competition, may partner with a consortium; provided that the organization itself is affiliated with and directed by an accredited institution of higher education. EDA holds University Center Economic Development Program competitions in two of its six regional offices each fiscal year. In FY 2010, EDA will hold a competition in its Austin and Denver regional offices. Therefore, EDA is soliciting competitive applications from accredited institutions of higher education and from consortia of accredited institutions of higher education to operate University Centers from applicants in (and programs targeting) only the geographic areas served by EDA's Austin and Denver regional offices. The Austin regional office serves Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas. The Denver regional office serves Colorado, Iowa (excluding Muscatine and Scott counties), Kansas, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Lindsey Pangretic
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY 2022 EDA University Center Competition - ATRO
- • FY 2022 EDA University Center Competition - SRO
- • FY 2021 - 2023 Economic Development RNTA
- • FY 2021 EDA University Center Competition - CRO
- • FY 2021 EDA University Center Competition - PRO
- • Production Finance and Technology Program
- • National Techical Assistance Program
- More Grants from the Economic Development Administration
- • 2023 STEM Talent Challenge
- • FY 2023 EDA Public Works and Economic Adjustment Assistance Programs
- • FY 2021 American Rescue Plan Act Indigenous Communities Notice of Funding Opportunity
- • FY 2021 American Rescue Plan Act Travel, Tourism, and Outdoor Recreation Notice of Funding...
- • FY 2021 American Rescue Plan Act Economic Adjustment Assistance Notice of Funding Opportun...