The summary for the Opportunity PA-09-163 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Opportunity PA-09-163: Purpose The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Investigator-Initiated Small Grant (R03) funding opportunity supports small research projects that can be carried out in a short period of time with limited resources. Investigator-initiated research, also known as unsolicited research, is research funded as a result of an investigator submitting a research grant application to NIH in an investigators area of interest and competency. The R03 grant mechanism supports different types of projects including pilot and feasibility studies; secondary analysis of existing data; small, self-contained research projects; development of research methodology; and development of new research technology.All investigator-initiated small grant applications described in this announcement will be assigned to NIH Institutes and Centers (ICs) according to standard Public Health Service (PHS) referral guidelines and specific program interests. Investigators are strongly encouraged to consult the list of participating ICs and special research interests. See http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/contacts/pa-09-163_contacts.htm and the R03 Web site at http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/r03.htm.Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the NIH Small Research Grant (R03) award mechanism.Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the mechanism numbers, quality, duration, and costs of the applications received.Budget and Project Period.The total project period for an application submitted in response to this funding opportunity may not exceed two years. Direct costs are limited to $100,000 direct costs over the R03 2 year period, with no more than $50,000 in direct costs allowed in a single year.
|Federal Grant Title:||Opportunity PA-09-163|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-09-163|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Applied Toxicological Research and Testing|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 07, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 07, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Apr 16, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Dec 17, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Feb 07, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Opportunity PA-10-064
- • Opportunity PAR-09-220
- • Opportunity PAR-09-221
- • Opportunity PAR-07-161
- • Opportunity PAR-07-160
- • Opportunity PA-06-180
- • Research on Mind-Body Interactions and Health (R01)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...