The summary for the Opportunity PAR-08-046 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Opportunity PAR-08-046: This FOA is to provide support for research centers that conduct drug abuse and addiction research that have outstanding innovative science and that are multidisciplinary, thematically integrated, synergistic, and are/will be serving as national resource(s) for the NIDA research fields. This FOA uses the Research Center of Excellence Grant (P50) mechanism.There should be evidence that the presence of a center structure is essential for the accomplishment of the research activities. It is expected that a Center will transform knowledge in the sciences it is studying. Incremental work should not be the focus of Center activities; rather, new and creative directions are required.Because the nature and scope of the proposed research will vary from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and duration of each award will also vary. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the numbers, quality, duration, and costs of the applications received. Research may occur in any area of NIDA's mission. Each separate project should bear an essential relationship to the integrating theme.The P50 Center of Excellence is expected to support the education, training, and mentoring, of new investigators, who should be given meaningful roles to play in the center projects. NIDA Centers are expected to share their findings, their data and their resources.Eligible organizations include for-profit and non-profit organizations, public or private institutions, such as universities, colleges, hospitals, and laboratories, units of state and local governments, eligible agencies of the federal government, domestic institutions, and faith-based or community-based organizations. Foreign institutions are not eligible to submit center applications; however, they are eligible as subcontractors of a domestic application. Eligible Institutions/Organizations: Public/State Controlled Institution of Higher Education; Private Institution of Higher Education; Nonprofit with 501(c)(3) IRS Status (Other than Institution of Higher Education); Nonprofit without 501(c)(3) IRS Status (Other than Institution of Higher Education); Small Business; For-Profit Organization (Other than Small Business); State Government; U.S. Territory or Possession; Indian/Native American Tribal Government (Federally Recognized); Indian/Native American Tribal Government (Other than Federally Recognized); Indian/Native American Tribally Designated Organization; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entity (Foreign Organization); Hispanic-serving Institution; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs); Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Regional Organization; Eligible agencies of the Federal government; Faith-based or community based organizations. Investigators from foreign institutions are eligible as principal investigators of a project or core.Number of PDs/PIs. More than one PD/PI may be designated on the application as center director. However, individual cores/projects is expected to be headed by a single investigator only.Renewals and Resubmissions. Applications can be renewed by competing for additional project periods.Applicants may submit a resubmission application, but such application must include an Introduction addressing the previous peer review critique (Summary Statement).Applications that are complete will be evaluated for scientific and technical merit by an appropriate scientific review group (SRG) convened by NIDA.Applicants may submit more than one application, provided they are scientifically distinct and meet the percent effort requirements. However, an individual may not concurrently be the center director on more than one NIDA center grant. See Section IV.1 for application materials. Telecommunications for the hearing impaired is available at: TTY 301-451-0088Special Receipt Dates: February 26, 2008; February 26, 2009, February 26, 2010
|Federal Grant Title:||Opportunity PAR-08-046|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-08-046|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Drug Abuse and Addiction Research Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 07, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 07, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Dec 04, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Feb 11, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Feb 07, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; A single individual may not concurrently be the center director on more than one NIDA center grant. Because of the role of the centers as national resources, foreign applicants are not eligible as center directors but can serve as project or core directors and otherwise participate in center programs.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Single Cell Opioid Responses in the Context of HIV (SCORCH) Program: Data Coordination, An...
- • Targeting Inflammasomes in Substance Abuse and HIV (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Research Networks for the Study of Recovery Support Services for Persons Treated with Medi...
- • The Rat Opioid Genome Project: Clinical Trials not Allowed (U01- Clinical Trial Not Allowe...
- • The National Drug Abuse Treatment Clinical Trials Network (UG1 Clinical Trial Required)
- • NIDA Phase II Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR [R44]) Competing Renewal Awards
- • Drug Abuse Aspects of Hiv/Aids and Other Infections
- • Epidemiology of Drug Abuse
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...