Optimizing Human Resources for Health to Sustain Epidemic Control in Malawi under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
The summary for the Optimizing Human Resources for Health to Sustain Epidemic Control in Malawi under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control - CGH, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Optimizing Human Resources for Health to Sustain Epidemic Control in Malawi under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR): The Award Ceiling for Year 1 is 0 (none). CDC anticipates an Approximate Total Fiscal Year Funding amount of $3,000,000 for Year 1, subject to the availability of funds.This NOFO will increase and optimize the number of health care workers (HCWs) serving in high volume health facilities through tuition support at Christian Health Association of Malawi (CHAM) training institutions in order to sustain HIV/TB epidemic control in Malawi. In addition, the award will improve quality of training and faculty support at the same institutions.The award will also improve HIV service delivery at faith-based facilities located in hard to reach areas where there are no government facilities to sustain epidemic control. Through support to CHAM facilities in CDC priority districts, the NOFO will support existing programming to improve uptake of HIV index testing through active index testing, saturating provider-initiated testing and counseling (PITC) and self-testing. The NOFO will also support the back to care program in CHAM facilities to ensure that all loss to follow-up (LTFU) clients are brought back and maintained in care. With the annual viral load (VL) policy now in place, it is expected that there will be increased workload in VL testing; therefore, this NOFO will also focus on improving VL testing quality and improving turnaround time in CHAM facilities to ensure that results are returned to clients on time. Furthermore, the NOFO will support CHAM facilities in educating people living with HIV (PLHIV) about undetectable=untransmittable /Tizolombo Tochepa=Thanzi Labwino (U=U/T=T) initiative to promote literacy about VL and viral suppression.
|Federal Grant Title:||Optimizing Human Resources for Health to Sustain Epidemic Control in Malawi under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control - CGH (HHS-CDC-CGH)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH20-2049|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||March 16th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||March 16th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||January 15th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||January 15th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||April 14th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$3,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||January 17th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants that can apply for this NOFO are: Christian Health Association of Malawi
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Randolph B. Williams
- Similar Government Grants
- • Scaling Capacity in Strategic and Health Information Systems in Mozambique under the Presi...
- • Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in Western and West-...
- • Improving Quality of Care and Health Impact through Innovative Systems and Technologies in...
- • Achieving and Maintaining Epidemic Control through Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care...
- • Enhancing Strategic Information Capacity for HIV/AIDS Programs towards Sustaining Epidemic...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control - CGH
- • Global Health Security Partnerships: Expanding and Improving Public Health Laboratory Stra...
- • Protecting and Improving Public Health Globally: Building and Strengthening Public Health ...
- • Tanzania Global Health Security Partner Engagement: Advancing Efforts and Strategies to Pr...
- • Advancing Ethiopias Capacity for Laboratory, Workforce Development, Surveillance, and Emer...
- • Strengthening Laboratory Systems to Establish Routine Laboratory based surveillance for Pr...