Pacific Islands Area State Component Conservation Innovation Grant
The summary for the Pacific Islands Area State Component Conservation Innovation Grant grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Hawaii State Office, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Pacific Islands Area State Component Conservation Innovation Grant: The purpose of CIG is to stimulate the development and adoption of innovative conservation approaches and technologies while leveraging Federal investment in environmental enhancement and protection, in conjunction with agricultural production. CIG projects are expected to lead to the transfer of conservation technologies, management systems, and innovative approaches (such as market-based systems) into NRCS technical manuals or guides, or to the private sector. CIG does not fund research projects. Instead, it is a vehicle to stimulate the development and adoption of conservation approaches or technologies that have been studied sufficiently to indicate a likelihood of success and that are candidates for eventual technology transfer. CIG funds projects targeting innovative on-the-ground conservation, including pilot projects and field demonstrations. Applications are accepted for projects in the Pacific Islands Area (including Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam and the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands.) only. For FY 2009, up to $300,000 is available for the Pacific Islands Area (State Component) CIG competition. There are two CIG components available Pacific Islands Area in FY 2009: Natural Resource Concerns Component and Technology Component. Individual projects funded through State CIG in fiscal year 2009 are being offered for grants up to $75,000. Proposals must be received in the NRCS Pacific Islands Area State Office by May 15, 2009, 2:00 pm Hawaii Standard Time (HST). The delivery address for all applications is: USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service, Pacific Islands Area (PIA) State Office, Conservation Innovation Grants Program, Attn: Michael Whitt, Resource Conservationist, Prince Kuhio Federal Building, 300 Ala Moana Blvd., Room 4-118, Honolulu, Hawaii 96850-0050. For more information on the Pacific Islands Area State Component Grant Opportunity and Application Materials please see the NRCS Pacific Islands Area Web pages for the CIG State Component, or the CIG National Component.
|Federal Grant Title:||Pacific Islands Area State Component Conservation Innovation Grant|
|Federal Agency Name:||Hawaii State Office|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-NRCS-HI-09-01|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Environmental Quality Incentives Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 15, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 15, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Apr 02, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Apr 06, 2009|
|Archive Date:||May 16, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$300,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$75,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Excluding Federal government entities.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Stephen Case Contract Specialist Phone 808-541-2600
Natural Resources Conservation Service [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • South Carolina urban communities
- • Announcement for Program Funding for Natural Resources Conservation Service's Conservation...
- • Ohio NRCS Conservation Innovation Grants
- • Notice of Funding Opportunity for NRCS' Conservation Innovation Grants (CIG) National comp...
- • Conservation Innovation Grants
- • Conservation Innovation Grants - Chesapeake Bay Watershed
- • Environmental Quality Incentive Program Assistance Irrigation Technical Services
- More Grants from the Hawaii State Office
- • Pacific Islands Area Conservation Innovation Grant
- • Opportunity USDA-NRCS-10-003
- • Hawaii State Office Grant