The summary for the Paleoclimate grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Science Foundation, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Paleoclimate: Supports research on the natural evolution of Earth's climate with the goal of providing a baseline for present variability and future trends through improved understanding of the physical, chemical, and biological processes that influence climate over the long-term. The Geosciences Directorate and the Office of Polar Programs have joined in creating the annual Paleo Perspectives on Climate Change (P2C2) (http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=5750) competition in paleoclimate global change research. Researchers are encouraged to consider the P2C2 competition as a possible source of support for their global change research. Since proposals eligible for funding in the P2C2 competition are not eligible for funding in the Paleoclimate Program, researchers are strongly advised to contact the Director of the Paleoclimate Program for guidance as to the suitability of their proposed research for either program.
|Federal Grant Title:||Paleoclimate|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Science Foundation|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PD-98-1530|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Proposals accepted anytime|
|Posted Date:||Aug 17, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Jan 07, 2008|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org NSF grants.gov support
- Similar Government Grants
- • Linguistics: Dynamic Language Infrastructure-Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement Gr...
- • NSF Dynamic Language Infrastructure - NEH Documenting Endangered Languages
- • Oceanographic Facilities and Equipment Support
- • Antarctic Research
- • Long-Term Ecological Research
- • Solar, Heliospheric, and INterplanetary Environment (SHINE)
- • Geoscience Education
- • Global Learning and Observations to Benefit the Environment (GLOBE)
- More Grants from the National Science Foundation
- • Campus Cyberinfrastructure
- • Macrosystems Biology and NEON-Enabled Science
- • Transitions to Excellence in Molecular and Cellular Biosciences Research
- • Political Science
- • EPSCoR Research Infrastructure Improvement Program: Track-2 Focused EPSCoR Collaborations ...