Point-of-Care Technologies Research Network (U54)
The summary for the Point-of-Care Technologies Research Network (U54) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Point-of-Care Technologies Research Network (U54): -This announcement is for the support of a Point-of-Care Technologies Research Network, consisting of individual Centers, that will work to build expertise in the development of integrated systems that address unmet clinical needs in point-of-care testing through the creation of multidisciplinary partnerships. Each Center within the network will perform or facilitate five different Core functions: (1) conducting in-house clinical testing of prototype point-of-care devices; (2) collaborating with physical scientists, biochemical scientists, computational scientists, and engineers on exploratory technology development projects; (3) completing clinical needs assessments in areas anticipated to advance the field of point-of-care testing and disseminating this information to the technology development community; (4) providing training to technology developers on clinical issues related to the development of point-of-care devices; and (5) providing an adequate administrative structure to ensure that the large, complex Center achieves its goals. -The NIBIB anticipates commitment of up to $6,000,000 in FY2007 for this program. -The NIBIB anticipates that up to 3 awards will be made.
|Federal Grant Title:||Point-of-Care Technologies Research Network (U54)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-EB-06-002|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Discovery and Applied Research for Technological Innovations to Improve Human Health|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 18, 2007|
|Posted Date:||Oct 05, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Oct 05, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Feb 17, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$6,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- County governments Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Special district governments City or township governments State governments Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Independent school districts Private institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are not eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply. The Principal Investigator of each Center must devote at least 25% of his or her effort. Applications from Principal Investigators not devoting at least 25% effort will be returned without peer review. An individual may be a principal investigator on only one application submitted to this initiative.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Perception and Cognition Research to Inform Cancer Image Interpretation (R01 Clinical Tria...
- • Team-Based Design in Biomedical Engineering Education (R25 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • ImmuneChip: Engineering Microphysiological Immune Tissue Platforms (U01 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Resources for Technology Dissemination (U24 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Physical Sciences-Oncology Network (PS-ON): Physical Sciences-Oncology Projects (PS-OP) (U...
- • Exploratory Grants (P20) for NIBIB Quantum Projects
- • Nibib Research Supplements to Promote Clinical Resident Research Experiences
- • Innovation in Molecular Imaging Probes
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...