Powder River Basin Sage Grouse Land Cover
The summary for the Powder River Basin Sage Grouse Land Cover grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Powder River Basin Sage Grouse Land Cover: The Bureau of Land Management, Wyoming State Office, intends to award a cooperative agreement with the University of Montana to conduct research concerning impacts of coal bed natural gas development on sage grouse demographics and landscape change. The primary purpose of this agreement is to develop conservation planning tools to permit the development of coal bed natural gas while conserving sage grouse. The current 2008-2009 proposal will classify SPOT-5 imagery for the Buffalo Field Office for assessment of sage grouse. The anticipated length of the project is a 12-18 month period. The BLM will consider continued funding for the project upon (a) the recipient showing progress satisfactory to the BLM toward program goals and the determination by the BLM that continuation of the program would be in the best interest of the Government or (b) the availability of funds. The total project period for this award will not exceed 18 months.
|Federal Grant Title:||Powder River Basin Sage Grouse Land Cover|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||WY-NOI08-9015|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 28, 2008|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 28, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Aug 14, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Aug 14, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Sep 27, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$275,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$275,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Ilze Karklins-Powers Grants & Agreements Specialist Phone 307-775-6293
Grants Management Officer [Ilze_Karklins-Powers@blm.gov]
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM OR WA 2018 Master Species Conservation
- • BLM ORWA 2018 Master Fish and Wildlife Restoration Access
- • BLM NV 2018 Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resources Programs
- • BLM MT/DAK Native Fish Study in SW MT
- • MT/DAK Sportsman Access and Habitat Restoration
- • Aerial Surveys
- • Rare Plant Inventories in Montana
- • Aplomado Falcon Restoration Project
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...