Pre-application for a Biomedical Technology Research Resource (X02)
The summary for the Pre-application for a Biomedical Technology Research Resource (X02) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Pre-application for a Biomedical Technology Research Resource (X02): -Purpose. This FOA issued by the National Center for Research Resources, National Institutes of Health solicits pre-applications for national Biomedical Technology Research Resources (BTRR). A BTRR conducts research and development on new technology and new/improved instruments driven by the needs of basic, translational, and clinical researchers. The Resources are charged to make their technologies available, to train members of the research community in the use of the technologies, and to disseminate both these technologies and the Resource's experimental results broadly. The description of a BTRR can be found in PAR-08-259. Pre-applications are a necessary first step in order to be invited to submit a full BTRR application for a new Resource. Existing Resources are not required to submit a pre-application. No formal awards will be made under this announcement. -Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the X02 grant mechanism and runs in parallel with an FOA of similar scientific scope, PAR-08-259, that describes full applications under the P41 mechanism. Submitting an X02 pre-application is a required first step when submitting a new BTRR application using the P41 mechanism. Applicants must read both FOAs.
|Federal Grant Title:||Pre-application for a Biomedical Technology Research Resource (X02)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-08-260|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Alcohol Research Programs 93.389 National Center for Research Resources|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 06, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Aug 28, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Dec 23, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Dec 24, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) .
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...