Prevention of the Complications of Bleeding Disorders through Hemophilia Treatment Centers
The summary for the Prevention of the Complications of Bleeding Disorders through Hemophilia Treatment Centers grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Prevention of the Complications of Bleeding Disorders through Hemophilia Treatment Centers: The purpose of this program is to: . prevent complications of hemophilia through assessment, surveillance, outreach, education, consultation, and management; . provide a regional network of comprehensive prevention services through hemophilia treatment centers to persons with hemophilia and related disorders including women with bleeding disorders; . maintain a prevention evaluation network to assess the efficacy of these prevention services; . participate in blood safety monitoring and surveillance efforts; . collaborate with lay organizations to deliver consistent prevention messages aimed at preventing complications and improving health across the lifespan; . propose research topics to utilize the Universal Data Collection (UDC) project to enhance program impact.
|Federal Grant Title:||Prevention of the Complications of Bleeding Disorders through Hemophilia Treatment Centers|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-DD06-005|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention_Investigations and Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 05, 2006 Letter of Intent Receipt Date: April|
|Posted Date:||Mar 22, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Sep 04, 2007|
|Archive Date:||May 07, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$6,800,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||12|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Assistance will be provided only to hemophilia regional core centers, defined as public or private non-profit entities that provide regional services and support to a network of comprehensive hemophilia treatment centers (HTCs) within their regional catchment area. Eligible applicants are limited to those previously funded under CDC Program Announcement 01049. They include: (1) University of Massachusetts-Worcester; (2) Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, New York; (3) University of Pennsylvania; (4) University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; (5) Hemophilia Foundation of Georgia; (6) Hemophilia Foundation of Michigan; (7) Great Lake Hemophilia Foundation Inc: (8) University of Colorado Health Science Center; (9) University of Texas at Houston; (10) Childrens Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (11) Childrens Hospital of Orange County; and (12) Oregon Health Sciences University.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office
Technical Information Management Section
Phone 770-488-2700 PGOTIM@cdc.gov PGOTIM@cdc.gov
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Foundation for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • Strengthening the Nation's Public Health Communication Infrastructure to Respond to C...
- • Technical Collaboration to Strengthen and Expand Capacity to Assess, Prevent, and Mitigate...
- • Advancing the Centers of Excellence in Newcomer Health
- • Epidemiology of Lupus: Longitudinal Studies in Population-Based Cohorts
- • Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program in Infectious Diseases
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Improve the Interaction Between Public Health Academicians and ...
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Strengthen Collaboration Between the Disciplines of Academic Me...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2