Promoting Programs to Involve Parents, Schools, and Communities to Support Sexual Abstinence: Improving the Health and Education Outcomes of Young People - Abstinence Supplement
The summary for the Promoting Programs to Involve Parents, Schools, and Communities to Support Sexual Abstinence: Improving the Health and Education Outcomes of Young People - Abstinence Supplement grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Promoting Programs to Involve Parents, Schools, and Communities to Support Sexual Abstinence: Improving the Health and Education Outcomes of Young People - Abstinence Supplement: The purpose of this announcement is to provide supplement support to grantees funded by the Division of Adolescent and School Health (DASH) under SEA/TEA/TG Priority 2 (HIV Prevention) of Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) #DP08-801. The goal of this supplement is to increase the efficiency and impact of efforts to help young people abstain from sexual risk behaviors by funding grantee efforts to implement or expand evidence-based strategies in two areas: (1) programs to involve parents in providing sexual abstinence messages to youth, and/or (2) school-based or community-based youth development strategies to promote sexual abstinence.
|Federal Grant Title:||Promoting Programs to Involve Parents, Schools, and Communities to Support Sexual Abstinence: Improving the Health and Education Outcomes of Young People - Abstinence Supplement|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||DP08-80102SUPP08|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cooperative Agreements to Support Comprehensive School Health Programs to Prevent the Spread of HIV and Other Important Health Problems|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 21, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Jun 04, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Jun 04, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Aug 20, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$325,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$75,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants: Eligible applicants are those State and Territorial Education Agencies (SEAs/TEAs) and Tribal Governments (TG) currently funded under Priority 2 (HIV Prevention) of FOA DP 08-801. SEAs/TEAs are expected to work closely with interested State Health Department (SHD) Directors of HIV Prevention, STD Prevention, Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention, Abstinence Programs, State Adolescent Health Coordinators, and other agencies and organizations in preparing the application for supplemental funding and, if funded, in implementing the activities supported by supplemental funding.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Technical Information Management Section (TIMS)
Procurement and Grants Office (PGO)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Phone 770-488-2700 firstname.lastname@example.org Technical Information Management Section (TIMS)
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Programs to Improve the Health and Educational Outcomes of Young People
- • Minority AIDS Initiative Project::Targeting Youth at Highest Risk for HIV, Other STD, and ...
- • Promoting Science-Based Approaches to the Prevention of Teen Pregnancy, HIV, and STI: Enha...
- • National Programs to Build the Capacity of Societal Institutions that Influence Youth Beha...
- • Pulmonary Complications of Sickle Cell Disease
- • Improving Health and Educational Outcomes of Young People
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2