Promoting mercury-free processing in sub-Saharan Africa Artisanal and Small-scale Gold Mining sector
The summary for the Promoting mercury-free processing in sub-Saharan Africa Artisanal and Small-scale Gold Mining sector grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Ocean and International Environmental Scientific, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Promoting mercury-free processing in sub-Saharan Africa Artisanal and Small-scale Gold Mining sector: The purpose of this project is to develop a pilot model for the sustainable and replicable promotion of mercury-free/reduced processing in the sub-Saharan Africa Artisanal and Small-scale Gold Mining (ASGM) sector.
|Federal Grant Title:||Promoting mercury-free processing in sub-Saharan Africa Artisanal and Small-scale Gold Mining sector|
|Federal Agency Name:||Ocean and International Environmental Scientific|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||OES-OMM-15-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Environmental and Scientific Partnerships and Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 29, 2015 No Explanation|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 29, 2015 No Explanation|
|Posted Date:||May 19, 2015|
|Creation Date:||May 19, 2015|
|Archive Date:||Jul 29, 2015|
|Total Program Funding:||$100,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$70,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Private institutions of higher education
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
For profit organizations other than small businesses
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligibility is limited to non-profit/nongovernmental organizations subject to section 501 (c) (3) of the U.S. tax code, L3Cs, foreign non-profit organizations, educational institutions, and public international organizations. Applicants must supply evidence that they have significant experience working on ASGM programs in Africa.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Promoting mercury-free processing in sub-Saharan Africa Artisanal and Small-scale Gold Mining sector
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants.gov Contact Center
Phone Number: 1-800-518-4726
Hours of operation are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The contact center is closed on federal holidays.
Grants.gov Customer Support
Ocean and International Environmental Scientific 703-861-6678
- Similar Government Grants
- • Mapping Illicit Supply Networks to Combat Conservation Crimes at their Convergence
- • Global Innovation through Science and Technology (GIST) - Indo-Pacific
- • Coral Reef Resilience: Train the Trainers Workshops
- • Virunga Mountain Gorilla Initiative on Tourism and Energy Poverty: Strengthening the Great...
- • Establishing a Global System of Regional Wildlife Networks: Providing Support for the Sout...
- More Grants from the Ocean and International Environmental Scientific
- • Global Innovation through Science and Technology (GIST)
- • Ocean Conservation Projects in Developing States: Advancing Marine Protected Areas and Red...
- • Lower Mekong Initiative (LMI) Nexus Futures Program
- • Community Support for Combating Wildlife Trafficking in the Heart of Borneo through Sustai...
- • Results-Focused Monitoring and Evaluation of U.S. Trade-Related Environmental Cooperation