Protecting and Improving Public Health Globally: Building and Strengthening Public Health Impact, Systems, Capacity and Security
The summary for the Protecting and Improving Public Health Globally: Building and Strengthening Public Health Impact, Systems, Capacity and Security grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Protecting and Improving Public Health Globally: Building and Strengthening Public Health Impact, Systems, Capacity and Security: This FOA supports the implementation of programs and activities that focus on protecting and improving health globally through regional, national, and local partnerships. Its purpose is to develop, implement and strengthen public health surveillance, health information (including monitoring and evaluation), and public health laboratory systems. It is intended to support workforce development and build capacities to prevent, detect, respond, and control infectious and non-communicable diseases, injuries, and public health emergencies. Projects considered for this FOA should consider building upon existing public health infrastructure focusing on country priorities that are of mutual interest in order to strengthen regional and national partnerships, public health capacity, leadership, strategic collaboration and integrated health programming through ministries of health. In addition, projects must also consider monitoring and evaluation of overall program performance and the progress of projects or activities.
|Federal Grant Title:||Protecting and Improving Public Health Globally: Building and Strengthening Public Health Impact, Systems, Capacity and Security|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH14-1418|
|Type of Funding:||Procurement Contract|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Protecting and Improving Health Globally: Building and Strengthening Public Health Impact, Systems, Capacity and Securit|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 7, 2014|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 7, 2014|
|Posted Date:||May 6, 2014|
|Creation Date:||May 6, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Aug 6, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$175,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||32|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Limited Eligibility. Ministries of Health and their bona fide agents
- Grant Announcement Contact
Technical Information Management Section
Procurement and Grants Office
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 770-488-2756
- Similar Government Grants
- • Global Health Security Partnerships: Expanding and Improving Public Health Laboratory Stra...
- • Protecting and Improving Public Health Globally: Building and Strengthening Public Health ...
- • Tanzania Global Health Security Partner Engagement: Advancing Efforts and Strategies to Pr...
- • Advancing Ethiopias Capacity for Laboratory, Workforce Development, Surveillance, and Emer...
- • Strengthening Laboratory Systems to Establish Routine Laboratory based surveillance for Pr...
- • Public Health Systems Capacity Building in Central Asia
- • Improving the Capacity of Panel Physicians Performing Overseas Medical Examinations of U.S...
- • Global Health Security Partnership Engagement: Expanding Efforts and Strategies to Protect...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2