Provision of Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Services and Developing National Capacity to Manage HIV/AIDS Programs in the Republic of Uganda under the Presidents Plan for AIDS Relief
The summary for the Provision of Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Services and Developing National Capacity to Manage HIV/AIDS Programs in the Republic of Uganda under the Presidents Plan for AIDS Relief grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Provision of Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Services and Developing National Capacity to Manage HIV/AIDS Programs in the Republic of Uganda under the Presidents Plan for AIDS Relief: This program is authorized under Public Law 108-25 (the United States Leadership Against HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria Act of 2003) [22 U.S.C. 7601, et seq.] and Public Law 110-293 (the Tom Lantos and Henry J. Hyde United States Global Leadership Against HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria Reauthorization Act of 2008).
|Federal Grant Title:||Provision of Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Services and Developing National Capacity to Manage HIV/AIDS Programs in the Republic of Uganda under the Presidents Plan for AIDS Relief|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH12-1213|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Global AIDS|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 16, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 16, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Mar 23, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Apr 14, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Jun 20, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$17,942,355|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$3,588,471|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1,500,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants that can apply for this funding opportunity are listed below: -Public/State Controlled Institutions of Higher Learning located in Uganda -Private Institutions of Higher Education located in Uganda -At the time of submission the organizations must provide documentation proving success in comprehensive HIV prevention, care, and antiretroviral treatment (ART) programs. -The organizations must have an active comprehensive HIV prevention, care, and antiretroviral treatment (ART) program in place at time of submission and must show documented competence in providing courses in leadership and management, FETP/FELTP, M&E, Informatics and Implementation Science. CDC has previously worked with Higher Learning Institutions and is continuing to work with them providing and scaling up of comprehensive HIV/AIDS services with over 10,000 patients, provision and scale up of circumcision services with over 25,000 men having been circumcised and over 250 health workers trained to conduct circumcision services. CDC has also worked with such entities to provide leadership and management fellowship training program with over 147 fellow graduation from this program and 120 local institutions supported in Uganda. Implementing a field Epidemiology Training program is another activity that CDC has collaboratively implemented with these entities since 1994.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Procurement and Grant Office (PGO) E-mail: email@example.com Phone: 770-488-2700
- Similar Government Grants
- • Scaling Capacity in Strategic and Health Information Systems in Mozambique under the Presi...
- • Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in Western and West-...
- • Improving Quality of Care and Health Impact through Innovative Systems and Technologies in...
- • Achieving and Maintaining Epidemic Control through Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care...
- • Enhancing Strategic Information Capacity for HIV/AIDS Programs towards Sustaining Epidemic...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2