Public Health Support for Brownfield/Land Reuse and Legacy Sites in the Area of Concern (AOC) for the Great Lakes
The summary for the Public Health Support for Brownfield/Land Reuse and Legacy Sites in the Area of Concern (AOC) for the Great Lakes grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Public Health Support for Brownfield/Land Reuse and Legacy Sites in the Area of Concern (AOC) for the Great Lakes: The purpose of this funding is to provide an opportunity for eligible applicants to assess exposure to Great Lakes contaminants and to advance public health actions to protect people. Annex 2 of the Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement (1987) requires these state governments to develop and implement Lakewide Management Plans for the lake waters and Remedial Action Plans for areas of concern. This is an applied public health project focused on implementing public health actions such as health assessment, health education, baseline community health status assessment, inventories of current Great Lakes legacy and Brownfield sites to protect the health of vulnerable or susceptible subpopulations within the Great Lakes basin which have exposure or potentially exposure risk to environmental contaminants associated with the Great Lakes legacy or Brownfield sites.
|Federal Grant Title:||Public Health Support for Brownfield/Land Reuse and Legacy Sites in the Area of Concern (AOC) for the Great Lakes|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-TS10-1003|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Health Program for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 06, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 06, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Jun 03, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Jun 03, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Aug 05, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants that can apply for this funding opportunity are listed below: State and local governments of the eight Great Lakes States (Illinois, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin), or political subdivisions thereof, which includes federally recognized or state-recognized American Indian Governments, or their Bona Fide Agents.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Procurement and Grants Office TIMS Phone 770-488-2700
- Similar Government Grants
- • PEHSU COVID-19 Emergency Response Supplement
- • Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Units (PEHSU)
- • National Environmental Medicine Education and Consultation Project (NEMECP)
- • Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Unit (PEHSU) Program
- • Community Health Projects Related to Contamination at Brownfield/Land Reuse Sites (ATSDR C...
- • Program to Facilitate Environmental Justice in Minority and Underserved Communities
- • Program to Build Capacity to Conduct Environmental Health Education Activities
- • Program to Build Capacity to Conduct Environmental Medicine and Health Education Activitie...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2