Reducing Risks for Alcohol-Exposed Pregnancy (AEP) in Women Attending Federally Funded Community Health Centers and Title X Programs
The summary for the Reducing Risks for Alcohol-Exposed Pregnancy (AEP) in Women Attending Federally Funded Community Health Centers and Title X Programs grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Reducing Risks for Alcohol-Exposed Pregnancy (AEP) in Women Attending Federally Funded Community Health Centers and Title X Programs: The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to adapt and implement the Project CHOICES intervention broadly in diverse public health settings serving high proportions of women at-risk for an AEP. The Human Resources and Services Agency (HRSA) provides federal funding to support community health centers that deliver high quality services to medically underserved communities and vulnerable populations including gynecology and obstetrics, family planning, and STD services using a variety of state and federal funding sources. The targeted settings for this FOA are these community health centers (CHC) and/or Title X grantee agencies funded under Section 1001 of the Public Health Service Act. HRSA also administers the Title V Maternal-Child Health Block Grant to States to improve the health of mothers and children including providing prenatal and post-partum care for low income pregnant women. In 2008, Title V programs provided prenatal and obstetrical services to more than 2,500,000 women.
|Federal Grant Title:||Reducing Risks for Alcohol-Exposed Pregnancy (AEP) in Women Attending Federally Funded Community Health Centers and Title X Programs|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-DD-10-1006|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention_Investigations and Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 08, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 08, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Jun 24, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Jun 24, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Aug 07, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$4,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$275,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants that can apply for this funding opportunity are listed below: Local Health Departments (public health entities - city and/or county) that receive funding from HRSA under the Health Center Program Statute, Section 330 (e) of the Public Health Service (PHS) Act, 45 CFR and 42 CFR to support comprehensive community health centers and receive funding from Title X grantees funded under section 1001 of the Public Health Service Act. Grants under Section 1001 assist in the establishment and operation of voluntary family planning projects which provide a broad range of acceptable and effective family planning methods and related preventive health services. A Bona Fide Agent is an agency/organization identified by the state as eligible to submit an application under the state eligibility in lieu of a state application. If applying as a bona fide agent of a state or local government, a letter from the state or local government as documentation of the status is required.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office grants Phone 770-488-2700
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Foundation for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • Strengthening the Nation's Public Health Communication Infrastructure to Respond to C...
- • Technical Collaboration to Strengthen and Expand Capacity to Assess, Prevent, and Mitigate...
- • Advancing the Centers of Excellence in Newcomer Health
- • Epidemiology of Lupus: Longitudinal Studies in Population-Based Cohorts
- • Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program in Infectious Diseases
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Improve the Interaction Between Public Health Academicians and ...
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Strengthen Collaboration Between the Disciplines of Academic Me...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2