Renewal of the National Technology Centers for Networks and Pathways Program (U54)
The summary for the Renewal of the National Technology Centers for Networks and Pathways Program (U54) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Renewal of the National Technology Centers for Networks and Pathways Program (U54): -Purpose. This FOA issued by the National Institutes of Health solicits applications for the National Technology Centers for Networks and Pathways (TCNP) (http://nihroadmap.nih.gov/buildingblocks/technologycenters) program. The goal of the program is to accelerate the progression of proteomics toward creation of dynamic functional models with temporal and spatial resolution rather than static interaction maps. Begun in 2004, the TCNP program is being renewed in an open competition. In phase II, the TCNP program will focus on the creation, broad application, and dissemination of instrumentation, biophysical methods, reagents, and infrastructure specifically focused on the problem of quantitative temporal and spatial characterization of protein interactions, activity, location, and modifications in networks and pathways. Centers will principally support technological innovation. However, in addition it is expected that the TCNPs will commit substantial resources to collaboration with and education of biomedical researchers, as well as the transfer of technologies to other laboratories. The centers should foster original and creative contributions to scientific understanding over and above that which would be obtained if each component of the center existed independently. -Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the U54 cooperative agreement mechanism. -Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. The NIH Roadmap anticipates making three to six awards through this announcement, totaling $60M from FY2009 through FY2013, contingent on the availability of funds.
|Federal Grant Title:||Renewal of the National Technology Centers for Networks and Pathways Program (U54)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-RM-08-021|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Trans-NIH Research Support|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 28, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Jul 15, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Jul 15, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Nov 28, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$60,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Public and State controlled institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Private institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) .
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Discovery of the Genetic Basis of Childhood Cancers and of Structural Birth Defects: Gabri...
- • Multisite Clinical Center Common Fund Acute to Chronic Pain Signatures Program: Acute Peri...
- • Pilot Projects Investigating Understudied G Protein-Coupled Receptors, Ion Channels, and P...
- • Service Network Hub for Cryoelectron Tomography (U24 - Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Service Centers for Cryoelectron Tomography (U24 - Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Using Metabolomics to Investigate Biological Pathways and Networks (R01)
- • Assay Development for High Throughput Molecular Screening (R21)
- • Membrane Protein Production and Structure Determination (R01)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...