Replication and Fine-Mapping Studies for the Genes Environment and Health Initiative (GEI)(R01)
The summary for the Replication and Fine-Mapping Studies for the Genes Environment and Health Initiative (GEI)(R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Replication and Fine-Mapping Studies for the Genes Environment and Health Initiative (GEI)(R01): -Purpose. This funding opportunity announcement (FOA), administered by the National Cancer Institute, is a part of the Genes, Environment, and Health Initiative (GEI, http://www.gei.nih.gov/) sponsored by the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The purpose of this FOA is to provide support for replication and fine-mapping studies of genetic regions that are putatively associated with common complex traits, primarily those identified by genome-wide association studies (GWAS). The proposed projects should aim to enhance the identification of causal variants influencing complex diseases. Any phenotype may be appropriate for these projects (i.e., studies need not be oriented on cancer or cancer-related phenotypes). This FOA will not support recruitment of human subjects, collection of human specimens, collection of medical or phenotype data, studies using animal models, or discovery genome-wide association efforts. -Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the NIH research project (R01) grant mechanism. -Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. The NCI has set aside $2 million in Fiscal Year 2009 for 4-6 awards under this FOA.
|Federal Grant Title:||Replication and Fine-Mapping Studies for the Genes Environment and Health Initiative (GEI)(R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CA-09-003|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Cause and Prevention Research 93.394 Cancer Detection and Diagnosis Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Dec 01, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Sep 30, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Sep 30, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Jan 01, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.396 -- Cancer Biology Research|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education State governments For profit organizations other than small businesses Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Small businesses Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...