Research on Sleep and Sleep Disorders (R21)
The summary for the Research on Sleep and Sleep Disorders (R21) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Research on Sleep and Sleep Disorders (R21): As summarized in the 2003 National Sleep Disorders Research Plan (http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/prof/sleep/res_plan/index.html), multiple scientific areas in sleep and sleep disorders need additional research. In addition, therapy for a number of sleep disorders remains suboptimal, and the research workforce addressing sleep science is insufficient. The NHLBI, National Center on Sleep Disorders Research, and co-sponsoring member Institutes and Centers of the Trans-NIH Sleep Research Coordinating Committee therefore invite submission of grant applications proposing research to advance biomedical knowledge related to sleep or sleep disorders, improve understanding of the neurobiology or functions of sleep over the life-span, enhance timely diagnosis and effective treatment for individuals affected by sleep-related disorders, or implement and evaluate innovative community-based public health education and intervention programs.
|Federal Grant Title:||Research on Sleep and Sleep Disorders (R21)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-06-238|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Research and Training in Complementary and Alternative Medicine 93.233 National Center on Sleep Disorders Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Mar 16, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Jul 14, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Oct 02, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.242 -- Mental Health Research Grants|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- City or township governments Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities For profit organizations other than small businesses Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education State governments Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Independent school districts County governments Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Special district governments Private institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government are eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...