STD AAPPS Supplemental Funding for Enhanced Congenital Syphilis Response
The summary for the STD AAPPS Supplemental Funding for Enhanced Congenital Syphilis Response grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control NCHHSTP, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
STD AAPPS Supplemental Funding for Enhanced Congenital Syphilis Response: The CDC, National Center for HIV, Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Division of STD Prevention (DSTDP) has developed this 15 month supplemental FOA titled “Sexually Transmitted Disease Programs through Assessment, Assurance, Policy Development, and Prevention Strategies (STD AAPPS) Supplemental Funding for Enhanced Congenital Syphilis Response” to strengthen capacity to address congenital syphilis in the United States and build upon activities supported under CDC-RFA-PS14-1402 titled, Improving Sexually Transmitted Disease Programs through Assessment, Assurance, Policy Development, and Prevention Strategies . STD AAPPS is the FOA from the CDC Division of STD Prevention (DSTDP) that funds 59 State, local, and territorial project areas to conduct assessment, assurance, and policy strategies related to STD prevention and control. STD AAPPS began January 1, 2014, for a 5-year project period. The purpose of this supplemental FOA is to fund a select set of project areas with high rates of congenital syphilis that goes above and beyond that required in STD AAPPS.
|Federal Grant Title:||STD AAPPS Supplemental Funding for Enhanced Congenital Syphilis Response|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control NCHHSTP (HHS-CDC-NCHHSTP)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-PS14-14020401SUPP17|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||September 6th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||September 6th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||July 6th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||July 6th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||October 6th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$600,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$700,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||9|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||July 6th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligibility for this expansion supplement is limited to current awardees of CDC-RFA-PS14-1402 “Improving Sexually Transmitted Disease Programs through Assessment, Assurance, Policy, and Prevention Strategies” (STD AAPPS). Current awardees of STD AAPPS include 59 states, territories, and city health departments. Eligibility for STD AAPPS was limited to those 59 entities, based on existing public health infrastructure and STD epidemiology. The limited eligibility memo for STD AAPPS was approved on January 8, 2013. In order to accomplish the supplemental award project objectives, the funded entity must have had 14 or more babies born with congenital syphilis reported to CDC in 2015.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Jennifer Fuld
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Center for HIV-AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention
- • STD Surveillance Network (SSuN)
- • Strengthening STD Prevention and Control for Health Departments (STD PCHD)
- • National Network to Enhance Capacity of State and Local Sexually Transmitted Disease Preve...
- • Evaluation of STD Programs' Deployment of DIS to Improve HIV Outcomes
- • Comprehensive STD Prevention Systems, Prevention of STD-Related Infertility, and Syphilis ...
- • American Indian and Alaska Native STD
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control NCHHSTP
- • STD/HIV Disease Intervention Training Centers (DITC)
- • National Network of Sexually Transmitted Diseases Clinical Prevention Training Centers (NN...
- • Tuberculosis Elimination and Laboratory Cooperative Agreement
- • Strategic Partnerships and Planning to Support Ending the HIV Epidemic in the United State...
- • The Tuskegee Public Health Ethics Program