Salt Basin Assessment of Water Resources and Groundwater Withdrawal
The summary for the Salt Basin Assessment of Water Resources and Groundwater Withdrawal grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Reclamation, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Salt Basin Assessment of Water Resources and Groundwater Withdrawal: The primary objective is to address if this region can sustain groundwater withdrawals on the order of up to 100,000 acre-feet/year. To address this objective, this study will evaluate the overall water resource availability and water quality, particularly the groundwater resources, in the Salt Basin region of southern New Mexico and southwestern Texas. The study approach includes following activities: 1. Developing / improving a water budget to include estimation of groundwater storage, water withdrawals / use, evapotranspiration, recharge, and precipitation; 2. Assessing and filling data gaps with new data collection; 3. Updates to the hydrogeologic framework and hydrologic model using all compiled data; 4. Running and evaluating results of model scenarios to determine potential for sustained groundwater pumping.
|Federal Grant Title:||Salt Basin Assessment of Water Resources and Groundwater Withdrawal|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Reclamation (DOI-BOR)|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||BOR-UC-19-N005|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||September 5th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||September 5th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||August 23rd, 2019|
|Creation Date:||August 23rd, 2019|
|Archive Date:||October 5th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$436,790|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$436,790|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||August 23rd, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Glen Josephson
Grants Management Specialist
Phone 801 524 3756
- Similar Government Grants
- • The Next Generation of Evaporation Pans Agreement R17AC00074 Modification 004 and 005
- • Notice of Intent to Award to University of Arizona Water Resources Research Center
- • Notice of Intent to Award to Colorado School of Mines
- • Notice of Intent to Award to RTI International
- • Notice of Intent to Award to California Department of Water Resources
- • Notice of Intent to Award to the University of Iowa for Integrated Bubble, Sound and Light...
- • Predicting the Interactions between Flow, Sediment and Riparian Vegetation
- • Design and Testing of Computationally-Efficient Methods to Evaluate Parameter and Model Un...
- More Grants from the Bureau of Reclamation
- • Middle Entiat Habitat Restoration Area C and F
- • Desalination and Water Purification Research Program: Research Projects for Fiscal Years 2...
- • Enhanced Acoustic Tagging, Analysis, and Real-time Monitoring of Wild and Hatchery Salmoni...
- • Decontamination Units to Prevent Further Dreissenid Mussels Introduction and Spread in Cal...
- • Delta Education and Outreach Projects