Sample Vital Registration with Verbal Autopsy in the the Republic of Zambia under the Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
The summary for the Sample Vital Registration with Verbal Autopsy in the the Republic of Zambia under the Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Sample Vital Registration with Verbal Autopsy in the the Republic of Zambia under the Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR): Under the leadership of the U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator, as part of the President's Emergency Plan, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (HHS/CDC) works with host countries and other key partners to assess the needs of each country and design a customized program of assistance that fits within the host nation's strategic plan and partnership framework.
|Federal Grant Title:||Sample Vital Registration with Verbal Autopsy in the the Republic of Zambia under the Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH12-1245|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Global AIDS|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 22, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 15, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Mar 23, 2012|
|Creation Date:||May 10, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Jun 21, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$21,150,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$3,150,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants that can apply for this funding opportunity are listed below: - Universities - Colleges - Zambian Provinces A Bona Fide Agent is an agency/organization identified by the state as eligible to submit an application under the state eligibility in lieu of a state application. If applying as a bona fide agent of a state or local government, a legal, binding agreement from the state or local government as documentation of the status is required. Attach with "Other Attachment Forms" when submitting via www.grants.gov. PEPFAR Local Partner definition: A "local partner" may be an individual or sole proprietorship, an entity or joint venture or other arrangement. However, to be considered a local partner in a given country served by PEPFAR, the partner must meet the criteria under paragraph (1), (2), or (3) below within that country. (1) an individual must be a citizen or lawfully admitted permanent resident of and have his/her principle place of business in the country served by the PEPFAR program with which the individual is or may become involved, and a sole proprietorship must be owned by such an individual; or (2) an entity (e.g., a corporation or partnership): (a) must be incorporated or legally organized under the laws of, and have its principal place of business in, the country served by the PEPFAR program with which the entity is or may become involved; (b) must be at least 51% for FY 2009-10; 66% for FY 2011-12; and 75% for FY 2013 beneficially owned by individuals who are citizens or lawfully admitted permanent residents of that same country, per sub-paragraph (2)(a), or by other corporations, partnerships or other arrangements that are local partners under this paragraph or paragraph (3); (c) at least 51% for FY 2009-10; 66% for FY 2011-12; and 75% for FY 2013 of the entity's staff (senior, mid-level, support) must be citizens or lawfully admitted permanent residents of that same country, per sub-paragraph (2)(a) and at least 51% for FY 2009-10; 66% for FY 2011-12; and 75% for FY 2013 of the entity's senior staff (i.e., managerial and professional personnel) must be citizens or lawfully admitted permanent residents of such counry; and (d) where an entity has a Board of Directors, at least 51% of the members of the Board must also be citizens or lawfully admitted permanent residents of such country; or (3) a joint venture, unincorporated association, consortium, or other arrangement in which at least 51% for FY 2009-10; 66% for FY 2011-12; and 75% for FY 2013 of the funding under PEPFAR award is or will be provided to members who are local partners under the criteria in paragraphs (1) or (2) above, and a local partner is designated as the managing member of the organization. Host government ministries (e.g., Ministry of Health), sub-units of government ministries, and parastatal organizations in the country served by the PEPFAR program are considered local partners. A parastatal organization is defined as a fully or partially government-owned or government-funded organization. Such enterprises may function through a board of directors, similar to private corporations. However, ultimate control over the board may rest with the government.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Procurement and Grant Office (PGO) E-mail: email@example.com Phone: 770-488-2700
- Similar Government Grants
- • Scaling Capacity in Strategic and Health Information Systems in Mozambique under the Presi...
- • Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in Western and West-...
- • Improving Quality of Care and Health Impact through Innovative Systems and Technologies in...
- • Achieving and Maintaining Epidemic Control through Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care...
- • Enhancing Strategic Information Capacity for HIV/AIDS Programs towards Sustaining Epidemic...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2