Scaling Up High-Impact HIV Prevention, Testing and Treatment Models in Central America under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
The summary for the Scaling Up High-Impact HIV Prevention, Testing and Treatment Models in Central America under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control - CGH, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Scaling Up High-Impact HIV Prevention, Testing and Treatment Models in Central America under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR): The Award Ceiling for Year 1 is 0 (none). CDC anticipates an Approximate Total Fiscal Year Funding amount of $5,000,000 for Year 1, subject to the availability of funds.This NOFO will support Ministries of Health and other stakeholders in Central America to introduce and/or scale up high-impact, WHO-recommended site-level HIV interventions. Key HIV prevention and diagnosis activities include index testing, differentiated service modalities at key population testing facilities, self-testing, pre-exposure prophylaxis (PreP), rapid recency testing and response to clusters of recent transmission, and linkage to treatment for newly diagnosed individuals. Key HIV treatment activities include linkage to care registries, early treatment initiation, differentiated service delivery models, opportunistic infection diagnosis and treatment, lost-to follow-up reengagement, quality assurance in viral load networks, and drug resistance monitoring. Expected outcomes related to the First 95 (Reach-Diagnose-Link) of the UNAIDS 95-95-95 goals include increased access to HIV testing and yield among key populations and index case partners, improved public health response to active transmission clusters, and consistently high (>95%) linkage to treatment. Expected outcomes for the Second and Third 95 (Treat-Retain-Virally Suppress) include increased early treatment initiation, retention and adherence, improved access to viral load testing and HIV drug resistance monitoring, and sustained viral suppression. The NOFO also includes above-site technical assistance to advance the integration of PEPFAR-supported strategies into national guidelines, manuals, and systems.
|Federal Grant Title:||Scaling Up High-Impact HIV Prevention, Testing and Treatment Models in Central America under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control - CGH (HHS-CDC-CGH)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH20-2013|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||February 25th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||February 25th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||December 27th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||December 27th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||March 26th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||January 29th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Randolph Williams
- Similar Government Grants
- • Scaling Capacity in Strategic and Health Information Systems in Mozambique under the Presi...
- • Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in Western and West-...
- • Improving Quality of Care and Health Impact through Innovative Systems and Technologies in...
- • Achieving and Maintaining Epidemic Control through Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care...
- • Enhancing Strategic Information Capacity for HIV/AIDS Programs towards Sustaining Epidemic...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control - CGH
- • Global Health Security Partnerships: Expanding and Improving Public Health Laboratory Stra...
- • Protecting and Improving Public Health Globally: Building and Strengthening Public Health ...
- • Tanzania Global Health Security Partner Engagement: Advancing Efforts and Strategies to Pr...
- • Advancing Ethiopias Capacity for Laboratory, Workforce Development, Surveillance, and Emer...
- • Strengthening Laboratory Systems to Establish Routine Laboratory based surveillance for Pr...